hysterectomy and heart problems (svt) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy and heart problems (svt) hysterectomy and heart problems (svt)

Unread 02-17-2006, 07:07 PM
hysterectomy and heart problems (svt)

Hi I had my preop today, LAVH is scheduled fo Feb 27th and I am very worried. They will only use general anesthesia and Im worried about going under with my heart condition. The anesthesiologist is having me get cardiologist ok before having the surgery done. How many of you have heart problems such as SVT that has had surgery? Please help!! Im so nervous!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 07:10 PM

Have you ever been under for anything before?
What kind of condition is it?
I have a Mitral Valve Prolapse, have to have antibiotics to protect my heart from infection. That's the main concern with my particular condition.
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:13 PM

I have never had the problem but I am sure they will be very careful to give you the best treatment possible with your condition.Hugs and prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 11:01 PM

I have Mitrol valve prolapse and i had to go to my cardiologist to get a surgical clearence and got the o.k. for my surgery . I think it is a good thing to go to cardio Dr. to get a clearence. BEST OF LUCK TO U.Robbie
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:05 PM

thanks ladies
Unread 02-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Hi,
I have SVT also and will be needing a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy under general anesthesia. If needed they will go ahead with the Hysterectomy at that time(which is most likely to happen).
I am scared also. I have been Okayed by my Cardiologist but it doesn't make me feel better about it. I am afraid my heart will get crazy!
It doesn't seem that anyone has this problem who have had a hysterectomy here.
I just want you to know that you are not alone. I know how you feel and I wish you the best. SVT is no fun.
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:08 PM

I agree SVT is no fun! How do you control yours? Are you taking medication? Seems like SVT isnt all that common, never talk to anyone that has it.
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:19 PM

Yes , I take Toprol XL for it but I still have boughts of it even on the medication and the medicine makes me very tired all the time. Some people don't get ill with SVT but I do. I get nauseous and faint with it.Then it brings on an anxiety attack! Makes me feel like I am going to die. Hate it!! I also take Lorazepam as needed when my heart starts racing. That seems to help some.
Do you take medicine for it?
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:26 PM

yes I take Sectral which is a beta blocker. Toprol gave me weird side effects. Just the other night I had what I think was an SVT attack, I was laying in bed and my heart rate went to almost 180. I was so worried I was gonna die, I never went to sleep. Did you have a EKG already for your preop? If so, what did it show? My EKG showed sinus tach/sinus arrithmyia. I get to go to my preop on wed. Wish me luck
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:14 PM

I do not have svt but my daughter did......she had the "abalation laser technique " done when she was 5 years old and she is now 18. The surgery was a miracle in itself...have you had that option? Hers developed at the age of 2 and she had severe attacks up until her surgery. She was on the highest dose of lanoxin and a drug that had just come out at that time and STILL had breakthru's. She was one of the youngest patients who was to have the surgery when she did. Everything has been fine since......she does have very infrequent and small incidents of palpations but the cardiologist told us that was a possiblity. I would like to hear your stories and if you have the option of surgery to take care of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register