4 weekers, how are you doing ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weekers, how are you doing ? 4 weekers, how are you doing ?

Unread 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM
4 weekers, how are you doing ?

Hi , I am 4 weeks after having TVH and Anterior repair, how are all you other 4 weekers doing ? what stage are you at in your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2006, 01:03 PM
4 weeker also

I am doing okay. I still get tired very easily. I am also still having a burning and pulling sensation in my lower right side. My dr seems to think I have pushed myself to hard. I went back to coaching volleyball 4 days after surgery. I have two daughters who are used to me doing everything. My husband tries to help, but you know how it is mommy does it better. I had a tah but kept ovaries. I have had a uti and I hope that is what the pain is from. Anyone else have that burning kinda pulling sensation in your lower abdomin.
Unread 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM

I am at four weeks also. Mostly I feel good, and I wish I could do more. I know I am not 100% because at 8:00pm I am ready for bed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2006, 03:46 PM

4 weeks tomorrow!YAY.... The last few days have had some pain, like stretching and pulling soreness internally.. anyone else feel that? Other than that I am feeling pretty good, back to work part time, do tire easily and ready for a nap after work or going out for an extended period of time. all things considered I feel pretty good... how are the rest of you gals?
God Bless,
Skye
Unread 02-20-2006, 04:12 PM

I'm doing great! I recovered fairly quickly from the LSH. Most of the healing seems to be bladder related now. I have a new concern about the sling as I checked that area today (first time) and I can feel the mesh. Don't think that is right. I can void and haven't leaked at all. Haven't been checked by the doctor since the surgery but his nurse voided me twice to check for residuals. I would think that she would have noticed something then as it appears to be right by the urethral opening. Hope it isn't a problem. I won't be seeing the doc for another two weeks. Maybe I should call and ask about it.

Went shopping yesterday for two hours. Felt great. Still having my husband carry most items, just to be safe. Wearing pre-op clothes. All of the absorbable stitches in the small incisions are gone as of yesterday. Still waiting for the insurance to pay the surgeon. Maybe I'll call the clinic to see if this is normal procedure for this insurance.
Unread 02-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm okay

I'm okay. I still get worn out going to the grocery store but for the most part I am doing things around the house and I am now back working. My main complaint is the insomnia that I have almost every other night. I do plan on asking my doctor at my next appointment about Lunesta or Ambien CR for sleep. Sometimes I can feel a little pulling sensation in my vaginal area, not really painful but more uncomfortable. Anyway I hope others are feeling good too.
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:08 PM

I have been doing really well. It's almost four weeks for me. I'm back to doing most everything, like working out, shopping. Haven't returned to work yet; I do get tired easily still. But mostly, I'm great!
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:17 PM

im doing well i think..my biggest complaints still are,pain in the my stomache,just to the right of my belly button and down a hair,hurts even to the touch....still have very bad nausia,and the fatigue.....other than those,i feel ok..lol.....sonie
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:44 PM
4 weeks and very emotional.

I'm 4 weeks tomorrow too. I'm getting there but it's slow. I had some post-op problems though. Had a TAH and one ovary removed (couldn't get it to stop bleeding) on a Tuesday, got out of the hospital on Saturday, and was back in first thing on Wednesday and not out again till Friday. They had to re-open part of my incision and it has to be packed with a medicated gauze daily yet. But the hole is getting smaller and I'm moving better.

My problem that is the worst is the depression. I have problems with depression anyway, and am on medication for it, but it has really topped the scales BIG time this last week or so. I'm a grandmother, so it's not a loss that a younger woman might experience and it seems to have nothing to do with the surgery really. I'm just... well, like coming apart at the seams one minute and all hail breaking loose and then a few hours later I'm all right. It has me confused and really thrown off base to be that emotional and actually pretty scared to be honest.

Knitwitcrone
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:14 PM

Hi there,
I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow as well.
Went grocery shopping on my own today (first time that I felt comfortable driving myself) and it went well.
I'm still having pains and aches, especially at the end of the day and "swelly belly", but I'm only taking some Ibuprofen at night.

Overall, I'm doing well, but I couldn't imagine working out yet.

My incision has healed very well, there's only a tiny spot at the lower end, close to the bikini line that seems to be a little sensitive.

All I can say is - go with your own pace. Do what you feel like doing, but be careful not to overdo anything.
We're still healing inside.

Hope everyone is recovering well.
Namaste

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register