Pre-op Appointment - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Appointment Pre-op Appointment

Unread 02-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Pre-op Appointment

I don't know why we get such different instructions. I don't have to do any bowel prep or enemas and can eat what ever I want until midnight the night before. I have to be at the hospital by 10 am with surgery around noon.

I am planning to eat Olive Garden (Italian) the night before for supper. Hopefully I won't regret it later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Pre-op Appointment

Bowel prep.......... you wanna talk bowel prep????? My surgery is Thursday...... I have to be there by 10:50. Surgery is scheduled for 12:20. (dont know all the terms and abbrivations.....but I'm having everything taken out with a 9" ovarian mass with lymphnodes if need be)

Yesterday I had to start clear liquids....... and get this... no red or purple liquids. (now what kind of jello, koolaid or popsicles are there if they are red? ) They said dye could effect the results of the tests.

Today at 10 am I had my first evil potion of phosasoda Blech!!! I made tazmaniian devil noises for about 10min! Have to do another one at 3pm. oh.......... fun doesn't stop there. I have to take 2 tabs each of neomycin and ethromycin at 2-4-6 pm. Thennnnnnnnnnnnnnn........ at six I have my first fleet enema then another one at 8. NOW do you all want to talk bowel prep??
Unread 03-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Pre-op Appointment

Hoosierectomy I don't know whether I will have to do a bowel prep or not yet but I have done the phosasoda thing before for a colonoscopy and I can tell you with certainty that it was the worst part of the whole ordeal. It's downright yucky!.

I did find some lemon flavored popsicles that I ate. I also had lemon jello. For everything else I had mostly broths. After the phosasoda I do believe that "things" came out that I had eaten years ago. LOL. Sorry if that was TMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Pre-op Appointment

I had my preop today, TVH/BSO on Friday (3/3). I was told to do a fleets enema Thursday night IF I don't have a good bowel movement on Thursday. The reason is that if your intestines are full it puts pressure on the surgical area and if you're constipated after surgery, the pressure makes you so much more uncomfortable. I'm usually pretty regular so I'm hoping I don't have to do the enema. I was told to do a vaginal douche on Thursday night, anyone else have to do that?

tbell
Unread 03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Pre-op Appointment

My pre-op is not until the day before my surgery. TVH @ 1250pm on 3-24, Pre-op is 3pm on 3-23. Wonder if I should have a "just in case" last meal before pre-op?? My pre-op being less than 24 hours before go-time, think there's any chance they will tell me at pre-op to not eat anything else??
Hoosierectomy - what part of the state are you in?? (I'm south of Bloomington) GOOD LUCK!!! (and sorry about the very extensive bowel prep!!) It will all be over soon!!!!!
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Pre-op Appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinfaces
Hoosierectomy I don't know whether I will have to do a bowel prep or not yet but I have done the phosasoda thing before for a colonoscopy and I can tell you with certainty that it was the worst part of the whole ordeal. It's downright yucky!.

I did find some lemon flavored popsicles that I ate. I also had lemon jello. For everything else I had mostly broths. After the phosasoda I do believe that "things" came out that I had eaten years ago. LOL. Sorry if that was TMI.
I'm tellin ya........... it even erases all memory of it too!!
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Pre-op Appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc47421
My pre-op is not until the day before my surgery. TVH @ 1250pm on 3-24, Pre-op is 3pm on 3-23. Wonder if I should have a "just in case" last meal before pre-op?? My pre-op being less than 24 hours before go-time, think there's any chance they will tell me at pre-op to not eat anything else??
Hoosierectomy - what part of the state are you in?? (I'm south of Bloomington) GOOD LUCK!!! (and sorry about the very extensive bowel prep!!) It will all be over soon!!!!!
I'm north of Bloomington...*lol* at Nashville.
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Pre-op Appointment

I also have to do a medicated douche tonight. Just glad I don't have that extensive bowel prep.
Unread 03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Pre-op Appointment

Smilinfaces....oh thanks...I needed to hear that...LOL just kidding. I wonder if I'll loose a couple of pounds before I go into surgery. Is it best to eat the jello right after taking the bad stuff or should I wait incase it won't stay down.
Unread 03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Pre-op Appointment

LOL Hoosier.

Avon Queen I just ate jello, broth and lemon popsicles throughout the day before I drank the phosphasoda. I didn't have anything else after that for fear I would be on the toilet all night long. I was anyway. LOL

It doesn't matter when you eat the jello etc. Nothing will erase the memory of that nasty tasting crap you have to drink. I literally choked mine down. I hope I never have to do that again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register