leaking seroma,and air in the vaginal cuff??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

leaking seroma,and air in the vaginal cuff??? leaking seroma,and air in the vaginal cuff???

Unread 02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
leaking seroma,and air in the vaginal cuff???

hi all...im back yet again from the castle...this time,i spent 4 days on iv antibiotics...the lump that i have been so worried about,that turned red,started to wrinkle and hurt so bad turned out to be a HUGE seroma,that ended up being infected..the ob who read my ct scan said the infection went all the to my fascia..however..thank god they did not have to re-open my incision,as 2 nights ago,a partof it popped back open,and the seroma is now leaking..well...GUSHING actually...im having to litteraly keep a towel in the inside of my underware,but its actually gushing out...how long will this last???also..my doctor said on the ct scan,it shows i have a ""significant" amount of air in the vaginal cuff,and he says this is unusual...anyone else have this??and what does it mean???thanks all....sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2006, 10:58 PM

SonieK, glad to "see" you back here!

I was concerned regarding your post last week.
Glad to see you're back home from the castle (once again).
I don't know about air in the vaginal cuff or seroma, so I"m not much help there, but I wanted you to know I was thinking about you and hoping all was well.

Hang in there!
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:29 AM

ok I don't know if this helps as we have had the surgery at different locations. I had a TAH and BSO. I had infection and started to gush fluid about 4 days into the antibiotics along a couple of spots in my incision. This is a good thing according to my doctor. My body is recognizing that there is forigin material in it and is getting rid of it. I am leaking serusangoris fluid (serus mixed with blood) the infection that was mixed with it has finally stopped, now we are waiting for the rest to stop. I have told this can take a while. I have been leaking fluid for almost 3 weeks now.
Please check this out with your doctor. He may want to put you on a different antibiotic pill while you are at home.

HUGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU
April
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 12:10 PM

Glad to see you are back soniek! Was worrying that we hadn't heard from you after your last post which sounded serious. Good luck on handling the seroma.
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
seroma air

A seroma is the serum portion that gathers in an empty space. Air is an indication of an abscess.

I have air at the vaginal cuff (4 wk TAH BSO) I have to repeat ct in a week?

Jenine
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjjkem
A seroma is the serum portion that gathers in an empty space. Air is an indication of an abscess.

I have air at the vaginal cuff (4 wk TAH BSO) I have to repeat ct in a week?

Jenine
hi there...we had our surgeries one day apart...at home.i am now on cipro 2 times a day for the infection in the seroma...and to be honest,my doctor totally blew off the air in my vaginal cuff...the ob resident at the hospital was a woman,and felt like it was very unusual and odd to have air in the vaginal cuff,but my doctor just totally dismissed it all together....he doesnt want to repeat ct scan,nothing...so,will this air go away..or what happens if it is a abcess??thanks...sonie
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:16 PM

thanks ladies....sorry i freaked out on my last post before i got re admitted...i felt so so sick,and i was hurting so bad,i knew something was wrong,just had no clue what!!thank you all for your support-you all are wonderful!!sonie
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:27 PM

Um that freak out was fully warranted and I don't think an apology is necessary at all. Besides being really glad that you are okay and now know what you're dealing with, your experience teaches all of us to be vigilent about how we feel and go get help when things just aren't right.

Here's to smoother sailing for you!
Unread 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM

thanks dogger..i absolutly adore you ladies,and thank-god i found this site...this has been whats saved me before and now after my surgery..i cant believe how much difference a few days can make..i still have some nausia which i hate,but im feeling so much better!!I WENT OUT TODAY!!!!!like,out in public.lol.....i looked at my hubby and said"wow,so this is what the real world is doing huh"..lol....im so glad to be human again.....were going to the grocery tomorrow,and hes talking me to walmart to look around,as long as i feel like it....thanks for being here ladies....your wonderful!!!!(((hugs))))
Unread 02-28-2006, 08:05 PM

Soniek.....I have been so worried about you. I have been checking this site everyday to see if you had posted something new. I was so relieved to see your posting tonight. I am glad you are back home, please take care of yourself. : ) Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register