Surgery Less than one week - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Less than one week Surgery Less than one week

Unread 03-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Surgery Less than one week

scots,
did the gyn say you had pelvic congestion? That is one of the things I have, and the back pain is awful. My dr. said my veins under my uterus are huge, supposed to be less than 1/4 cm mine are 2-3 cm. I also have some endo, and they suspect adeno too. I have had ruptured cysts every few months since I was 12.

Just curious, hope you do well with your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Hey Betts,
I have never heard of pelvic congestion..but it was interesting what you said about rupturing cysts. I had a bad one a few years ago and thought I was going to die when it ruptured. Have you had a hysterectomy yet? Now you've got me wondering about those veins. Hopefully there will be a visual reason for my pain and the doc won't say, well, everything looked perfectly normal...!
Unread 03-05-2006, 03:30 PM

My4,

I know how you feel--I picked up my mom at the airport yesterday and we have spent today going around the house, trying to convince her not to be intimidated by all the gadgets! Good luck with your family and your surgery!

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Wendy,
Wow! They need to get that sucker out! Did they indicate to you how long your surgery will be because of the size of the cyst? I imagine you're going to feel like a totally different woman once you're recovered. I'm hoping for the same.
Julie
Unread 03-06-2006, 06:20 AM

Julie,

I know your symptoms are a lot like mine, my dr. also suspects adeno, and that can cause the contraction-like pain too. It also doesn't show up good on U/S all the time.

Good wishes to you, you are getting really close!!
I will be looking for your "I'm Home" thread!
Take care,
Betts
I will be curious to see what the final word is on both of us! I haven't had mine yet, and to be honest I don't care if they find anything exciting as long as I am out of this pain!!
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:34 AM

I too suffered with alot of back pain, pain on the left side, and some pains that ran down my legs. The dr. said it is common when you have any fibroids, or adhesions, cysts, etc, due to the added pressure on the other organs inside, since my hysterectomy on the 2nd, l have had no more back pains, but still feel alittle pressure bladder wise, it just takes alittle time to heal. I am sure all you ready to go to the castle will fair well. good luck to all cindy
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:08 AM

scots
they told me between a hour and a half to two in a half hours.it depends on what all the cyst is adheared to. they think its adheared to my uterus,cervix, and possably my bowel. hes hoping not he bowel though and so am i...ill just be glad when its out and the pain and bloating will be gone.!!!3 days to go
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:18 AM

I have had long term back and abdomen pain.I had a cyst as big as ovary on the left side.The cyst,ovary and endo removed in Aug.2005.I started my period after surgery,came home that day,and still had that awful pain on the right ovary that ran down my leg and dropped me like a fly the following day even though I was on Mepregan for the surgery pain.I knew right away something else would have to be done.So,tomorrow I will have a LAVH with right ovary removed also which will,of cousre,leave me with no ovaries.Hopefully the pain of all this will be a memory soon,and I can get back to my life!!Hope your surgery goes well too.
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:58 AM

3 days to go all!!! getting nervous..or should i say been nervous. been on a cleaning freenzy
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:59 AM

good luck one tomorow

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register