been 2 weeks - anyone else depressed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

been 2 weeks - anyone else depressed? been 2 weeks - anyone else depressed?

Unread 03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
been 2 weeks - anyone else depressed?

Tomorrow will be two weeks, some days are good some are bad. My husband took a week off work and took care of me like I was a baby. I am so thankful for his love and attention, but as wonderful as he is at taking care of me and the kids my house looks like a disaster area. I want to clean it up!!! I can't sleep at night, and I don't want to eat real food. I just want to nibble snack food. I'm just not me at all, what is wrong with me and how much longer do I have sit here and look at this messy house? Someone please tell me I will get through the next month without loosing myself completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM

Hi roxieluvsme,
You will make it through the next month without losing yourself completely!!!! I do totally understand what you are going through though. My dh was great taking care of me but the house was another story. Oh man! I wanted so much to do something around the house but for the first 2 weeks or so I couldn't even bend over and pick anything up. I used and grabber but that got to be more trouble than it was worth. I remember the first time I was able to wash the dishes. I felt like I had just done something wonderful and it made me feel sooo good. Things will get better. When you look at the messy house, and you will, remember how good your dh has been to you and it will help (a little)
Debbie
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:07 AM

I don't know if I am depressed or just disapointed. Either way, I feel like you do. I wish I knew what to tell you to help, but I am in the same boat.

I hear the first two weeks are the worst, so it has to get better from here... I hope.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 03:31 AM

I was two weeks on Tuesday and I found those two weeks horrendous. When I first got home I was just grateful to be home, but as I am starting to feel better I too want to do things. I am doing some washing up and folding laundry. Frustrated at not being able to or clean generally. Dh is very good, but still doesn't do things the way that I do. He is taking myself and our daughter out to eat tonight so that will be nice. I am going stir crazy being stuck at home on my own. At least we have this site to keep us going. Glad I found it, not sure what I would have done without it really. You can ask anything and someone will always help you.
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:44 AM

I totally understand!! I had a complete hyst on 2 weeks and 3 days ago. I am exhausted. I sleep in 2-3 hour increments and wake up in puddles of sweat. If I am not sleeping, sweating, or wishing I could poop: then I am freezing and obsessing about having a cleaner house. My Docs increased my prempro and hope this will help. My skin is pre-pubescent and my hair looks like straw. I struggle with the idea of grabbing some pain pills just to help take off the edge..tonite was the first night I finally didn't grab any. I am out of my skin. HELP!! give me a lifeline. do any of you remember a turning point? 3 weeks...4? I will pray for all of you...this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Unread 03-03-2006, 04:17 AM

I was 2 weeks post op yesterday. Some days i feel depressed and cry a tiny bit when i'm alone. Other days i don't feel sorry for myself and think about no more heavy periods and worrying about birth control and that makes me feel better. I tend to munch and not eat just like you do - i'm trying to start eating healthy food - it'll do you good. i can't wait till i can start exercising to get back into shape - i won't miss my bulging belly. Don't worry, and enjoy being pampered. You deserve it - aren't you glad it's over with?
Unread 03-03-2006, 08:11 AM

I am 9 days post-op and not depressed, but more frustrated. I don't like feeling helpless and am tired of being tired and uncomfortable. I have read many posts and could reply to several different threads if I could sit here long enough! It makes me feel better to see that I'm not alone with all my "problems" like BMs, pain, fatigue, appetite, sleep, etc. Maybe after I feel more up to it, I will be able to contribute more to the discussions. I am so glad I found this site and am happy to be a member of such a great group of ladies!
Unread 03-03-2006, 08:46 AM

Hi Angels!
I was 2 weeks post op yesterday - Mine was total laprascopic and feel fairly well. My Dr took everything as I was diagnosed with breast cancer a few days before I went in for the hyster. I was home for about a 1 1/2 weeks and went back to work on Monday - I am in sales and need to make the calls to make the money. I get tired, but take it very easy - My co-workers are very supportive. The Worst part of this whole thing - My Dr inserted a catheter for a week because she poked a whole in my bladder to peak inside because she didnt like the looks of my bladder - adhesions on the outside? The catheter itself wasnt too bad after I got used to my tag-a-long friend, but once it was removed - I had THE most horrible constipation - I couldn't go, had the shakes, fever etc. I was ready to go back to the hospital, but dummy me, I didn't want to go. It lasted for several hours, but after the epson salts, I was finally able to go. Since that time, I have been eating very healthily - and will continue to do so. I look forward to eventually start exercising again - My post op visit is on Monday and will find out the pathology reports at that time. My Dr said if I didn't get THE call from her, everything was ok. My lumpectomy is scheduled for Thurs Mar 9th.
Be gentle and kind to yourself. YOU DESERVE IT

Hugs and prayers to all
~sue
Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere
Unread 03-03-2006, 09:12 AM

I am 3 weeks out and 3 days. I can relate to exactly what everyone is saying about being tired, house being messy, swelly belly, pain, all the above! I will say that at my 3 week date I started feeling 100 times better, I can walk better and my incision doesn't hurt near as bad except when I have fluid build up above it. However I started icing it and I don't know if it feels better because it is numb from the ice or because the swelling is down, I like it either way! It will get better each and every day! Hang in there and continue to pamper yourself! You just had major surgery!!
Unread 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM

I am on Day #9 post op, and I had a really rough night with pain, and am getting pretty depressed about feeling so lousy, and I'm sick of feelling like an invalid and depending on everybody for everything. My house is a disaster area, and my dh tries hard, but doesn't really know how to clean up. Oh well, I guess I just have to be patient, but it's hard.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register