Good news! (but still scared!) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good news! (but still scared!) Good news! (but still scared!)

Unread 04-22-2001, 06:33 PM
Good news! (but still scared!)

Hi everyone
I found out some good news last week....NO CHEMO!!
But I do still have to have radiation (int & ext) .
I go in Tues to have measurments taken (?). I just wanted to get some info on what else to expect while I am going through the treatments. I know the doctor must have mentioned this but I am in such a fog that I really don't remember half of what he said. Although I am really grateful that I don't have to have chemo but I am still scared of what kind of damage the radiation is going to do my body. I read someone talking about visualization - can someone tell me more about this? Any other advice to help the radation treatments smoothly?

Thanks and hugs to all,
Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2001, 08:10 PM

(((( Brenda))))
Hugs girl. That is great news!!!
There are many ladies going through int/ext. radiation here so they will be along to give you lots of good information I am sure.

You could also do a search using keyword radiation and that will bring up past posts for you to read as well.

I did have chemo and I used visualization alot. I thought of the chemo containing little pac-mans chomping up all the bad cancer cells. Sounds funny but it really does help!!

And after every treatment I would think to myself...ok....there are fewer bad cells here today than were here yesterday etc....

Best of luck with your treatments!!!
Maria xo
Unread 04-22-2001, 09:37 PM

Hi Brenda, well that is good news about the chemo There are so many of us going through radiation at the moment, glad to have you aboard . If you read most recent posts of mine there is alot of advice and support from other girls, that may help you. I havent started my radiation yet, but I have had my measuring up, which wasn't a chore at all. Best of luck and we can keep each other company along the road of recovery. love to you x x PS I was reading a book the other day, and one lady said that when she was having her radiation treatments, she visualized that she was lying inside the body of an angel. The angel protected her from any harm and made sure the radiation went directly to the area where they were needed. I am going to try this !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2001, 05:23 AM

Brenda, just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you. You WILL do just fine, and we are all here to support you!
Unread 04-23-2001, 07:27 AM

Hi Brenda!

That's wonderful news about the no-chemo. I bet you're relieved. I'm glad you're getting the radiation treatments moving along quite nicely. The sooner you start, the sooner you can finish.

Take care, just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 04-24-2001, 02:25 PM
Just got back from doctor

HOOOORRRAAAYYY!!! Got my measurements ad tattos done today and I start my treatments on monday!!! I am so happy to get this started so I can hurry up and get this over with!! My external doctor is the most wonderful woman..she is even going to help me work out the whole HRT issue......since my surgeon acted like I should have kissed his feet because he gave me premarin .625 and that the insomnia, depression, hot flashes, mood swings..ect .....are all in my mind.......like I am some raving lunatic or something!:hair: Can you belive that this man has never heard of bio-identical HRT.....and he calls him self a GYN! Just wanted to give you all an update! Thanks for all your love and support!

Brenda
Unread 04-24-2001, 04:33 PM

Good for you!! That means that you will be done before you know it!!
Unread 04-24-2001, 06:19 PM

Congratulations, Brenda! So happy to hear that you are starting on Monday. Even happier to hear that your new radiation doc will help you with your HRT. This will all be behind you before you know it. Good luck!
Unread 04-24-2001, 07:43 PM

Brenda,

I am 4 days into my radiation treatments. As far as doing a lot of thinking while they are doing the treatment, I don't have time. The treatment really is so quick (about 6 minutes for me) and they have put lovely panels on the ceiling that cover the fluorescent lighting, that are beautiful pictures of flower gardens or water falls with the light coming through. I can see them when I'm lying down. I have my radiation on all four sides so I can't see them when the front is being done but I can all the rest of the time. I hope where you go has them if not, tell them about the panels. Who knows!

I have been told that if you are going to experience diarrhea, it usually isn't until the end of the second to third week. Did they give you a low residue diet to follow?

I don't want to speak too soon, but after 4 days I would say it has been a breeze. I hope it stays that way.

I'll be thinking of you and wish you the best. Oh and that is great news about the chemo!
Unread 04-25-2001, 12:33 AM

Hi Breezy , that is such good news that you can start the radiation and it will be over with before you know it. I have told my radiologist that I am refusing to have side effects and he said that there are some women who have minor ones or none at all. I have decided that I am going to be one of those Just remember to try to keep a positive attitude ( can you belive that I, robyn am saying that ) I will keep you in my prayers and please let me know how it is. love to you my radiation sister

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register