8 wk post-op check-in ladies? I need a reality check | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 wk post-op check-in ladies?  I need a reality check 8 wk post-op check-in ladies? I need a reality check

Unread 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM
8 wk post-op check-in ladies? I need a reality check

Hey, y'all! I'm 8 weeks post-op from my TLH with cervix removed and remaining ovary removed. I just need a reality check from everyone at 8 weeks. I'm doing pretty well, actually. Taking Cenestrin (plant-derivative conjugated estrogen) and 1% testosterone cream and working to get the hormones balanced -- always fun. Still have crampy pain just about every day. Swelly belly has taken on a new life and zip code. I have a bladder infection which makes walking upright a challenge. My energy level is slowly but surely getting much better. I tend to overdo it, though, so the frustration's still there. (I really didn't realize you could overdo it at 8 weeks but, then again, there were a lot of things I didn't realize about this surgery.)

I just wanted to see what's up with everyone else to get a point of reference.

Thanks!
Gin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 10:59 AM

Hi!

I am 9 weeks today and just when I think I have a handle and can put it all behind me, I have a "down day" and need to rest. It's been pretty good, had a few bugs find me which I absolutely hated as it slowed the progress and am on lifting restrictions all over again as I tore my cuff and needed repair. Since then (last sunday) I've been crampy and extra tired again and have to drag myself out of bed. Also yesterday was my nephews 5th b-day and he was so excited to see me he ran to me and "jumped" up for me to catch him!!!!!!!

I was so mad as the whole family was there and nobody did anything to stop him, and it wasent his fault but today I'm really feeling it. I adore him to pieces and his hugs are great so hopefully it will pass.

I am getting around better and now that I've kicked the bugs (at least I pray they are long gone) I am looking forward to moving on! I am working hard on losing some weight as I turn 40 in June and would like to look as good as I hope to feel at that time.

I think having lots of snow and cold weather also makes me more tired and maybe just lazy. Don't know if that is good for the recovery or if it gives me a good excuse to rest more.

Doll doc/stacy tah-bso .625 premarin, it's all gone!! Looking forward to happier days and being active again!!
Unread 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM

Hi,

Well, I'm 7 weeks out from the castle and while I still have my not so good friend "swellibellicus" I seem to be making progress.

The thing that has surprised me is that I still get tired easily. Yesterday, I did too much and paid for it last night. DH, me and the cat were all in bed by 8:30! It's like my body just "shuts down" :timeup: and that's it...I have to sit or lay down! After reading other postings on the site, I know that it may take 6 mths to a year to feel 100% , so I have to be patient.

The best thing for me has been my estrogen patch ! My appetite has decreased and I feel much more positive. Before the surgery, I was not a happy camper due to my hormone levels being out of whack - so that's a lot better!

Overall, I'm sooo glad I had the surgery and can't wait to feel even better!

Mysteryluvr

LSH/BSO/HRT - Large fibroid tumor in uterus, multiple tumors & cysts on ovaries...all tumors were benign!! - Removed uterus, tubes and both ovaries but left cervix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 11:49 AM

I am 2 weeks from the castle today. Had a LAVH, removed uterus and ovaries. I feel really good except for this crippling fatigue, but from what I have read on these posts that's pretty normal. I to the dr today for my 2 week check up. Am thrilled to be this far ........ I'm not on any HRT... Haven't felt a need to yet. I'm 48 so maybe I won't need any.... Have to wait and see and take it a day at a time. Hope you get stronger every day.
Unread 03-03-2006, 01:21 PM

Hi ladies I.m 8 and a half weeks post op and feeling ok on the whole. Still getting aches and pains around the scar and lower tummy, but not bad enough to take pain relief and usually worse if I'm doing things or tired. I did quite a lot today, met my daughter for lunch, then looked around the shops then had a coffee at my sons. I don't drive so had to get 4 buses altogether so think I did quite well. Am achy and tired now though!! My energy levels are better some days than others, and I'm still not hoovering or lifting anything heavier than 10lbs. My biggest worry at the moment is looking for a job, I had to give up the job I had owing to the bleeding (didn't like the job either!) and am finding it hard as there doesn't seem to be much about. My consultant said I could go back to work in April so I have another 4 weeks to find something (hopefully).
Hope all you 8 week sisters are doing ok
Herne x
Unread 03-03-2006, 01:27 PM

Hi Everyone!I will be 8 weeks next Tuesday..It is sooo amazing, i cant believe it has gone by this fast...That first week felt like 2 months LOL...But now i look back on it and im like WOW that went by kinda fast..I cant believe its almost been 2 months since my surgery...I am really feeling quite good..I can honestly say that my emotions have gotten back in order (i think HAHA)...I feel like i have a pretty good attitude about most things...I am out walking at my normal pace.. My swelly belly is still here...I can fit into 2 pair of my jeans tho, so im not complaining..My energy level seems to be ok til the evening and my head hits the pillow and i sleep all night!!I havent had to wear a pad in almost a week..LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!Took me long enough to quit bleeding!
Anways, im really blabbing today!!!Everyone take care!!
Amber
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:20 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm doing about the same as everyone else. Still sporting the 'swelly belly' at the end of the day. I tire pretty easily, some days are better than others, but overall I'm okay.
The first two weeks of January felt like two months!!
I'm very independent and not being able to lift anything over 15-20 pounds is killing me. But, I'm doing pretty good.
Koffee
Unread 03-04-2006, 05:06 AM

wow you have been through it. We have about the same timeline and I also had many things done. Im feeling considerable better . It does get better every day. I teach and it has been draining. People dont understand when I work all day Im pretty done in. Im 20 years older than you and its been a journy bbbbbut I am so much better and continue the recovery slowly but surely. Sounds like you are doing the same. Its hard! What you are feeling is totally normal!!! Hang in there...And stay in touch. Patty
Unread 03-04-2006, 08:16 AM

I am 9 weeks post-op and feeling much,much better, almost normal! I went back to work after 6 weeks -- I work an administration job at a school district. The first week I went home early and was totally exhausted by evening. The second week I lasted the whole day and was still very tired at night. This past week was much better, no tiredness during the day but fatigued at night. After 6 weeks, it was hard to find pants that fit due to the swelly belly but even that has gotten better. I am now fitting all my work clothes and there is a bit of swelling in the evening.

I can walk at a normal pace now and feel that old spring in my step returning. I make sure to sit and rest when I start to feel sore or tender, which tends to happen near the end of the day. The other thing to avoid is uncomfortable chairs. I was stuck in a two hour meeting last week on very uncomfortable chairs and was very sore afterwards.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel! I feel so much better than I did the first 4 weeks when pain permeated everything. It keeps getting better and better and my energy level goes up with each day!
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:34 AM

How do you know if you have torn your cuff???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register