Lost my best friend to a car accident yesterday! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lost my best friend to a car accident yesterday! Lost my best friend to a car accident yesterday!

Unread 03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Lost my best friend to a car accident yesterday!

I know this site is for pre-op but I have been chatting and getting to know you all in the last couple of months and need to talk about it. I'm 8 days before surgery and my best friend had a car accident and died yesterday at 41 yrs. old! I am so devastated. I just can't stop crying and didn't do anything that I should have done to get ready for surgery this weekend! I don't know what to do to feel better. Tomorrow is my pre-op and then I have to go to the funeral home. I'm trying to find the strenght to go on with the surgery. Poor DH has been supportive and the kids too. Life is so unfair! Any suggestions? Thank you all. Frenchie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 06:01 PM

Frenchie,
I am so sorry. I have no real suggestions, except allow yourself to grieve, and to cry. Allow your DH and kids to take care of you. Life is just so unfair sometimes. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:02 PM

s
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I haven't had my TAH yet but my mom told me that she got really emotional around day 3 post op. Maybe you could reshedule if you don't feel up to it. Once again I am so sorry for your loss...Here are alot of S for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 06:08 PM

I am soo sorry that you lost your best friend. We are all here for you. We can help you find your strength to continue with your plans if you choose. Your friend will want that for you. You know what you can handle and remember you are never given more than you can handle. We will support you in anyway. Praying that you will be comforted through this.
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Frenchie -

I am so sorry for you! The surgery itself is stressfull and your heart must feel so heavy! You will be in my prayers. I can't imagine the pain subsiding for a while. Perhaps you can use your healing time as a heart healing time too. Think of this: now your best friend is watching over you in a way they couldn't before!!!

Emotions are okay. Your pain is real. God is thre, right beside you - let Him hold your hand through this time.
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:11 PM

Frenchie,
I am so sorry for your loss.
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:14 PM

Thank you for your kind words. I never thought of it this way but you are right - I will have her watching over me! I can't postpone my surgery and thanks for pointing out that she would want me to go ahead with it. My crazy hormones are not helping. One thing that makes me feel better is knowing that I have all these frineds on this site! This is amazing! Thank you again for your words and prayers...Frenchie
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:17 PM

Oh I am so sorry! I cant even begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling. Please know how sorry I am.
~Jayden
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:57 PM

oh frenchie, i am so sorry for your loss and t feel your pain. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.

i lost my best friend and mentor in a car crash and kept her baby for awhile, doing something positive for her made me feel better. the other post are right, she is watching over you and the positive thing would be that she would want you to live fully and in good health. allow yourself to grieve for your loss, but honor her with you life, love and laughter.

praying for peace
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:59 PM

I am so sorry. One of the reasons I visit this support group is to realize there are problems greater than those of our own. Allow yourself to feel the emotions, be sure to let your doctor know what's happened so he/she understand your emotions. I miss my mom beyond words and wish she was here to help me through all of this. When my husband was helping me clean closets last week, he found one of the flannel blankets she had made probably 25 years ago. He said, 'honey, pack it for your stay in the hospital...as this will be just one more way, in her own way, she'll be with you'. Even though it's hard to understand right now, realize that your best friend will ALWAYS be a part of you, with you and in your heart forever. Please take good care. pj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register