can you 5-6 weekers tell me how your doing,im fed up! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can you 5-6 weekers tell me how your doing,im fed up! can you 5-6 weekers tell me how your doing,im fed up!

Unread 03-05-2006, 10:17 PM
can you 5-6 weekers tell me how your doing,im fed up!

hi ladies..can you princess's who are about the same time frame as me tell me how your doing..i feel with the problems ive had and am still having,that im much further behind everyone else having surgery the same time as i did.still feeling as bad as i am,not being able to stand for litteraly over 15 inutes without feeling like im going to pass out,the constant nagging feeling like im going just going to puke at any givin moment...im still hurting on the right side,and my seromas are filling back up,and very very large again,it goes from my incision(Bikini cut),all the way acorss my stomach,all the way up to my belly button litterally!this is getting rediculas......i saw a lady yesterday i hadnt seen since 2 days before i had my surgery,and she went on to tell me how aweful i looked,and i looked like i need medical interventin.....gee thanks!!!!now if thats not a pick me upper,i dont know what is....sorry i just keep venting,but im FED UP in a bad way!!!sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 10:57 PM

what are seromas i had my tah jan 16 and im feeling really good this week at 6 weeks i noticed a big change but everyone heals different .if you are having alot of pain have you talked with your doctor about this ? and about feeling you want to vomit this doesnt sound normal i still get tired at times and i watch what i lift not to heavy just started to vaccumm this week, i am exercising a little and hope to do more im sorry you are still feeling so bad please call your doc
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:06 PM

hey liberty...seromas are pockets of fluid that can form sometimes after surgery...i was released from the hospital last week,my seroma has become infected,and i seen him on monday after i was released.he is just so ** hum about everything,im calling this week to get in to see his partner,shes female,and i think id feel better seeing her.i just want to feel normal again,and i feel like all i ever do is complain and grip all the time now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 02:48 AM

hey Soniek... I feel just like you! and been through the same procedure. Still feeling awful and want to be sick all the time. I'm annoyed at not being better yet and feel everyone thinks I'm just a hypercondriac! I've got my post op appointment on Friday (better late than never!) so I'm hoping doc can shed some light on this...
Unread 03-06-2006, 05:34 AM

sometimes I am up, sometimes down. I feel good one minute, and the next, I feel like he**. I am 5 weeks tomorrow. I feel like I am pretty fed up as well. The only time that I feel "normal" is when I am on here posting or reading that you all are feeling the same way. This has really been an emotionally, physically, and mentally draining ordeal. And I haven't even really had any complications. Other than last week, everytime i stood up, felt like I was going to faint!
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:20 AM

I have my days! Friday I had to go for an ultrasound because I have had a pain on my right side for almost a week now - just a nagging pain. I feel the same way - that I am so far behind in my recovery compared to everyone else. I am NOT back to work, NOT cleared to drive, NOT cleared to do ANYTHING! I can't stand for too long, can't sit for too long, it is frustrating! I am calling today to get the results of my ultrasound - so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Soniek - I am sure we both will get better in time -- everyone heals differently -- but I hear ya on being frustrated -- if you ever want to chat send me a message --
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:31 AM

Good Morning soniek,

I am alittle behind your, I had a TAH on 2/7 and I am still feeling they way you are. I get soooo tired and tired of feeling like crap all the time. My dr gave me finigan (not sure on spelling) for the "puking" felling all the time and that has seemed to help. I have been told that things get worse around the 4-5 week time period. Please hang in there and here is a hug for you!!
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:38 AM

I will be 5 weeks this Wed. and I am feeling much better. I stopped the vacuuming and I really think that helped. I went to the super walmart Saturday with dh for the first time since my hyst. and I have to admit, I was pooped that night! We were supposed to go out to a Mardi Gras party, but stayed home and watched tv~I knew not to push it. I even feel that maybe I could start to do some crunches, but I won't until doc gives me the o.k. My 6 week appointment is next Monday. My only real worry is what my lifting restriction will be, if any. I have a daycare baby that I need to take back, but I don't know if he will give me the go-ahead for 25 lbs yet!
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:49 AM

Sonie, sweetie you have been through more than your share of troubles, If I remember correctly dont you have a set of twins, triplets and two other children That in itself is a marvel. You had that setback with the seroma, so take a deep breath, and try to allow that extra time to heal.
As for my recovery, I will be at 6 weeks tomorrow. I have had the flu the past 4 days,and the coughing is so painful. I truthfully thought that by 6 weeks I would feel so much better.
So girlfriend, heres a big and applause for ya!! Linda
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:06 AM

I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and I have had a ***** of a time with infections, granulation and now a cold. Plus my daughter had the stomach flu over the weekend so I can imagine that I may pick that up too. I am jealous that I see so many 7 weekers here going back to work etc...I feel miles behind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register