Nightgown or 2-piece PJs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nightgown or 2-piece PJs Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

Unread 03-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I was thinking 2 piece PJ's would be easier as I won't have to lift up my arms to put a shirt over my head (I got the kind with the buttons). Someone told me to go with the nightgown as I won't have to bend over to pull up pants when I need to use the bathroom.

What type did you find easiest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I just wore the hospital gown because I was only there for two nights and didn't get my PCA pump and IV out until the second night. The hospital gowns are also easy to change if you are sweaty or spill something on yourself.
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

Go with the hospital gown or your own knee-length night gown. They'll need to check your incision and catheter frequently the first day and also, knee-length makes it easier to get ina nd out of bed without getting tangled up. PJ bottoms would rest on your abdomen.

The peace of the Lord Jesus be with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I greatly preferred slightly large pajamas with a button top and drawstring waist. I dislike getting wrapped up in nightgowns when they get twisted.

My legs sometimes got sweaty under the pulsators, and I was able to put the pulsators on over the cotton pj legs for a great deal of relief from chafing the second day.

As long as the pajamas are a little large, it's easy to pull them down a little for people to check your incision. I like a drawstring waist better than elastic.

As others have said, do what appeals most to you, and use the hospital-supplied gown as a back-up if needed.

Holly
Unread 03-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I took my own gown to the hospital, and it worked out fine. When I came home, I had both types of PJ's, and as long as the pants are loose, they won't aggravate your incision-(mine was vertical and long.) Loose pants, elasticized or drawstring, are a must for the first couple of weeks home. I felt a lot better getting out of that ugly hospital gown, and showering on the morning after surgery. I think that is the best start to the road to recovery! Good luck with your surgery, and may you look and feel better afterward.

Judy
Unread 03-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I bought a lovely new pink 3 piece set - pants, tank, and bed jacket for my vacation in the castle. I wore hospital gowns/robes for the first 2 days, nothing else would work with catheter, iv, etc all connected to me. The pj's were nice for the days I was disconnected as I could walk around to the coffee shop etc and feel dressed, however, one of my leisure/jogging sets from home would have been just a good and I wouldn't have spent the money on the set. I changed back to hospital issue for sleeping --- wanted to keep my new set presentable for company. I had surgery late Wed and left Sunday morning.
Unread 03-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I just used the hospital gown too. Iwent with the intention of changing into my own pj's, but just never did. Most of the time I was in bed, and when i'd go for a walk, they had another gown i could put on backwards to cover any gaps. It was fine. It was easier for them to inspect everything they needed to and believe me, you arent' moving around alot in bed. You are pretty sore at first.
Best wishes!
Unread 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I took a knee length short sleeve night shirt with me, and never used it-I just made do with the hospital gown. Once home, I wore (an am still wearing) drawstring PJ bottoms and elastic waist yoga style pants.
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Nightgown or 2-piece PJs

I took pj's because I was afraid my arms would get cold in the hospital gown. My nurse disconnected my IV line so that I could change into the pj top. But, since the IV line was taped high up on my arm, I had to keep that sleeve pulled up to my elbow. Since the sleeves of my pj's were narrow, the sleeve was kind of tight when pulled up the elbow and was uncomfortable. Also, the pj bottoms were wide enough to fit over the pulsator's, but still fit kind of tight. I think I would have been more comfortable in a short gown with wide sleeves or taken a bed jacket to wear over the hospital gown.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register