Gas Rx | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-23-2001, 05:56 AM
Gas Rx

To all my wonderful hystersisters who have responded to my message:

A good friend who has had breast cancer and gone through Chemo told me about Previcid, which is a prescription med. I had my Dr. phone in a script for me, and I've been taking it first thing in the a.m. before eating, about 1/2 hour. My gas problem hasn't recurred for the 3 days I've been doing this!!!

Didn't realize that there were so many continuing problems along with treatment. I really helps to know that others have experienced the same thing, and that there IS help out there. My Dr.'s office sayes that they don't want anyone to hurt, but it took my friend to find the solution. Dr. office said Pepto-Bismo. No help. Also I have a nephew whe tried Previcid with great success.

Today is my 2nd. Taxol/Carbo treatment. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers, as I keep you in mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2001, 12:44 PM
Gas Rx

SO glad to hear that you were given a med to resolve the gas....I guess you need to put a big X in these guys Good for you!!!
I hope that things continue to keep getting better!!!
Unread 04-23-2001, 12:49 PM
Gas Rx

Hi Lannie,
So glad you found something that is working for you!!
When that happens we think we won the lottery don't we?

Pepto Bismol didn't work for me either!
And definately wishing you the best of luck with your 2nd chemo treatment today!! Visualize those little suckers being completely dissolved and washed away by the chemo!! It works wonders!

Sending prayers for ya!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2001, 01:54 PM
Gas Rx

I'm so glad you found a solution for the gas -- wish I had known that when I was having my problems!

Good luck with your chemo -- it also worked wonders for me! Remember, you are in His hands. I will be thinking of you.

Yours,

Cyndy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register