Home From Surgery/Adhesion on Cecum | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home From Surgery/Adhesion on Cecum Home From Surgery/Adhesion on Cecum

Unread 03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Home From Surgery/Adhesion on Cecum

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to give you all an update. I had surgery Friday to remove adhesions, from severe endo, and doctor removed appendix at my request.

Surprisingly, the Dr. said that I did not have too many adhesions; however, I had one adhesion attached to my CECUM that traveled all the way up to my large intestines which was either attahced to the abdominal wall or intestines. I have had pain under my gallbladder, since my gallbladder was removed almost two years ago, and near my appendix forever and now the pain is gone. Apparently, my CECUM was very very full of fluid, wonder if the adhesion kept the fluid inside, but my appendix looked good; the lab test will determine appendix.

Anyway, prior to this surgery I was in agony. I seriously did not think I was going to make it to my surgery date as my belly kept swelling, my eyes had really dark circles and were puffy, and I could not eat for 3 days prior to my surgery date. I was very dehydrated and had to stay in the hospital over night; it took two bags of fluid in my IV to hydrate me.

To my surprise, I thought I would have had millions of adhesions from my TAH/BSO because of the severe Endo and the way I bruised after my TAH/BSO, but it turned out to be just one adhesion that was causing me major problems. Not sure if all my problems will be solved once I am up and running but the severe pain I had prior to my surgery is gone and now all of my organs move when I move.

Amazing??????????

Hopefully this info helps someone else in need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Carrie,

Thanks for posting. It is amazing the pain that just one adhesion can cause. I hope this gets rid of your pain for good!!

I hope you have a quick and pain free recovery.

Hugs
Becky
Unread 03-06-2006, 03:45 PM

Hi Carrie,
Welcome home! I'm glad that the doctor was able to find the source of your pain. I'm sorry that it entailed another surgery. Hopefully this will be it for you. I am happy that you're doing well and that your pre surgery pain is gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 11:42 PM

Carrie,

Thanks for that advice. I have had pain even after my hyst. and appendectomy..still have pain on the right side. My DR looked at his pictures of my belly before the last surgery and made some gastly noise and said "you are just cement." He said he is not excited to go back in there, but I am hoping my surgery next month will bring me the same kind of relief.

Good luck healing.

Patti
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:00 AM

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It has only been 4 days so I can't get too excited yet. I have however been able to eat as much as I want at any given time, I have not been able to do that since 2002 or probably even before, but I have not had a bowel movement yet. Once I have the ole bowel movement then I can say the surgery was a success.
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:48 AM

Yep, that's what my Dr. said, it is not how many
adhesions you have that causes you pain, it is where
they are.
Unread 03-12-2006, 08:48 PM

Hi Carrie,
It's great to hear that they didn't find alot of adhesions!
I'm so glad that you are feeling better!
I have been interested in your posts because your problems sound alot like mine and it is great to hear a positive outcome.
What type of doc did your surgery?
Was it a colorectal surgeon or gyn?
Thanks for any info and I hope you keep feeling well.
Unread 03-14-2006, 09:54 AM

Jandie,

Sorry to not have responded faster. Although I am suppose to be resting, it has been a long week. My bouncing bundle of joy son, Bryce who is now 16, was given his license on Feb 22nd along with a 2002 Ford Ranger Truck. Two weeks to the day, Bryce crashed the truck and it is now totaled. There were a total of 3 vehicles and it appears to have been my son's fault. It looks like all 3 vehicles are totaled but luckily no one was really hurt. I have a good kid, but he is lazy and just doesn't think I guess. Well it was a learning experience for us all. What were we thinking as parents. Now Bryce has to take the bus until he is 18. Bummer!

Anyway, I feel great physically and I go to the doctor tomorrow. I am able to have a bowel movement and I put myself on fiber again, could never do that before with adhesions, and it is good.

That one adhesion was a huge cause of my problems. I am sure the few that I had too were a problem, but the one adhesion was doing damage. My husband said that I looked like death was near the day of my surgery and he said I was going to the hospital or to the ER that day period. I have a high tolerance of pain but I have to agree. I am just a little sore, but not much and so far so good.

I knew going into surgery all of the consequences, but my pain was so bad that surgery became the only option after trying everything. So far I am lucky. I believe I had that adhesion when I had my TAH/BSO but due to the severe endo/aden and all of the blisters, this particular adhesion never showed up.

I had a general surgeon; however, my OBGYN, not the one who did my TAH/BSO, but the one who delivered my son and is the greatest referred this surgeon. My OBGYN said that this surgeon specialized in endo and adhesions so I trusted him. For the first time after surgery, I did not burse and I was up and about the next day. If I find anything out tomorrow I will let you know.

Keep me posted as to you.
Unread 03-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Carrie
Thanks for replying to my post.
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's accident. When my son was 16 (he's 25 now) we went through a very similar experience. He only had his drivers license a couple of days and we let him take our car out one evening and he rolled it with several of his friends inside.
Fortunately no one was injured badly. We all felt very lucky that no one was killed! I think it made a lasting impression on him.
How long did you have the problems with the adhesions before this surgery? Were bm's a real problem?
Sorry to be nosey, but am really starting to feel scared about my symptoms. I'm seeing a colorectal surgeon next weeek but don't know if he is experienced in adhesion removal. I hope it's not another wasted doc appointment.
Jan
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:15 PM

Hi Jan,

Yes, I had trouble with bowel movements and it got worse as time went on. In July I started to take fiber to help move everything and it worked for about 1 month. In Oct, 2005 I was doubled over and had to take Milk of Magnesia to get everything out of my system. Thereafter I checked on the Internet, as the Internet always has new info, and I found an article that said do not take fiber with adhesions, rather take stool softeners. Stool softeners was the thing until surgery and it helped a lot, but did not solve the problem. The week of my surgery, I was not able to eat anything and had to drink everything. The day before my surgery I could hardly move and drinking after 9:00 pm was out of the question therefore leaving me dehydrated after surgery. Don't panic. If you panic I say you are not ready for surgery. Trust me, I was in so much pain by my surgery that I did not care if my husband did the surgery. Send me a private e-mail with your number and I will call you tomorrow after I see the surgeon.

Talk to you soon and I hope you feel better.

Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register