adhesion surgery last monday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adhesion surgery last monday adhesion surgery last monday

Unread 03-16-2006, 08:18 AM
adhesion surgery last monday

Probably not a good idea to return so soon but I only have so much sick time and plus my husband is not working so you know how that goes. I hope that I didn't do any further damage. But, on a good note sex doesn't hurt anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Daisy,

I am really confused. I just recently (2 weeks ago) had surgery for adhesions. My doctor told me to move around as much as possible to avoid reformation of the adhesions. I was told that it is harder for them to reform if things are moving around in there. I have been following my doctor's advise as I certainly don't want them to reform and have to go through all of that again. But now I am terrified that I have been doing the wrong thing. It seems there is a lot of conflicting advise in this department. The discharging doctor (not my surgeon) said there really wasn't anything I could do one way or the other to keep them from reforming. I just want to do the right thing, but at this point I am not sure what it is. At two and a half weeks am I in the clear? What is the magic time frame? At what point should you start living normally again? Elona
Unread 03-20-2006, 01:57 PM

My doctor said that you really don't have control over the adhesions. They either come back or they don't. My doctor put this netting on top of my vaginal cuff to stop the adhesions. I guess the netting turns into a gel that eventually disolves but there's no guarantee that it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 02:49 PM

I don't think there is much of anything we can do to hinder those adhesions from coming back. I think years ago the tale was that if you did too much after surgery it caused adhesions. At one point, when I suspected I had adhesions after my hyst, my gyn told me to exercise and that would break them up. It didn't.
Sherry
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Thank you guys. That corresponds with what my doctor said. He said that adhesions aren't a result of what we do or don't do after surgery, unless you suffered severe trauma to the surgery site, like in a car accident. He said that adhesions form as a result of trauma during[u] surgery and some people are more prone than others to develop them. He said they try to be very careful during surgery not to injury organs and cause adhesions, but it still happens. So off to move around I go.
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:25 PM

Question about adhesions-Have you ever had a feeling that something inside the pelvic region is "sticking together". I have bent over a few times and had a gut-wrenching pain...like a muscle was in a spasm. That's probably what it is but it is only on one side. It takes about 3 minutes to "recover". No discomfort with manual pressure on the area.
Now I have to get through unexpected foot surgery before I can proceed with lap. My nerve entrapment is still better after a steriod block. Finally, some relief...2 steps forward....!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register