BM problems -- muscle spasms? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BM problems -- muscle spasms? BM problems -- muscle spasms?

Unread 03-07-2006, 07:34 PM
BM problems -- muscle spasms?

Okay I had a lavh on monday feb 27th. The day after I came home my son was diagnosed with the flu. wouldnt you know that i would get it too. I was healing perfect no pain yesterday except for the coughing. Well I had a bowel movement yesterday and about passed out the cramping was soo bad around my cuff. afterwards i had some light cramping there no biggie. This morning I had some pretty severe diarreah again the cramping was horrendous. Now I have this severe cramping and pain in my cuff. I cant stand,sit or move with out 2 vicoden in my system. I went to the gyn today and he was out. So I was seen by the nurse midwife, she tried to put a speculum in and i screamed, then she put a smaller one in, and i screamed again. She said that it was impossible to see so she called the gyn he said it is probably muscle spasms. I dont think so . I feel like something isnt right. I havent had any bleeding whatsoever since the day of surgery just a slight yellowpink dishcharge that got a little heavier today. Can anyone shed light on this? It hurts so much worse than anything ever. please respond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2006, 08:37 PM

I am so sorry you are having all this trouble. I had a TAH and I can understand some of your pain, especially the bowel movement pain and agony. For the first few weeks if I was lucky enough to have a movement I would break out in a cold sweat from the pain. Please see the dr asap and don't give up just yet. It will get better! I hate to hear about the flu, you poor baby! Pamper yourself, ok? Make everyone help and keep in touch w/the dr.
Unread 03-07-2006, 09:32 PM

It sure sounds like you're having a rough time...

Quote:
This morning I had some pretty severe diarreah again the cramping was horrendous. Now I have this severe cramping and pain in my cuff. I cant stand,sit or move with out 2 vicoden in my system.
If you're having this much pain, you need to be seen again. If you can't get into your regular doctor, please go to the ER and get this issue addressed! No one should have to suffer like you're suffering. It may just be a normal part of the healing process, but why not find out for sure?

Please keep us posted, and take care of yourself. We're all pulling for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2006, 08:31 AM

Definately go to the ER if you are unable to see your dr at once. I had no post op bleeding initially, but was horrendously constipated and had some very hard bowel movements. I started bleeding like a moderate period post op day #9. Still trying to get it under control, but the hard bms and the strain (even if you don't feel like you are straining, having diarrhea does give the area a work out) may have caused the cuff to bleed in my case. I do understand about teh speculum, as I had 3 exams day #9,10,11. Please do see a dr ASAP.
Unread 03-09-2006, 08:03 AM

Angela23, pleaseget it checked out!! That does not seem right. My bm's weren't bad at all when I first came home from the hospital, but now...they hurt sooo bad, and I am not sure why. I am going to my dr tomorrow for my 4wk post-op and I plan on asking her!! Let us know what you find out, please take care!! Huggs to you!
Unread 03-09-2006, 09:02 AM

Well see the day i posted this i did go to my doctor. But the nurse midwife was there and he wasnt. so she tried to check me but i hurt so bad that she couldnt get the speculum in to see my cuff. My post wasnt very clear that day because I was so dizzy and nautious(sp?) from the pain. Anyways the nurse midwife called my gyn and asked him about it and he said probably muscle spasms since i had no bleeding. Well that is clearing up my post tues so lets fast forward to the last two days. Yesterday I started bleeding. not too heavy but like a really light period. I am still having pretty bad cramps and vaginal pain. Its not as bad today as the other days and I am just very hesitant to go to the ER because I know they will use a speculum and it hurts soooo bad. So... My question now is ... Is it normal to have this vaginal pain? I know it is in my cuff because she brought the pain on stronger with the exam. My other pain internally is almost completely gone. I can lay on my side and stand straight and it is only sore when i cough(yep still coughing) And i never even felt the vaginal incision untill this happened. Could I possibly have torn it? would it bleed more if i did? I am so confused on what to do. Should i just keep lying around hoping the pain will go away since it is lessened or should i go to the er. Any advice ladies?
Unread 03-09-2006, 11:03 AM

Can anyone please give me some helpfull advice I called my dr and she said I probably shouldnt have to go to the er that it doensnt sound like an emergency. uggg I am in pain here!!!
Unread 03-09-2006, 11:11 AM

when I was as close to the operation as you are I was alwys in pain and miserable. I couldn't think at all clearly and I was taking stool softeners to be able to stand to go.

the pain meds were: 100mg of tylenol with codeine evry 4 hours(directions said 4-6 hurs. I took it at 4 hours to the minute!) and 2 advil every 6 hoursalso to the minute) I hurt a lot ad leaned heavily on the meds. Going to the bathroom was a scarey and painful experience. All I could do was lay on a recliner and watch TV

I have no idea if this helped, other then to let you know that there are others who really hurt at the time period you are talking about. You have my sympathy - things do get better .

oh, I spotted until the end of the fourth week at unpredictable amounts and color ranging from pink to brown.
Unread 03-09-2006, 11:17 AM

I had a total ab. hys. on 2/24/06. I was lucky......my doc. told me to immediately start taking a daily dose of Milk of Magnesia, and a couple of colace stool softeners a day. The first BM ( about 3 days later) was watery, but did not kill me w/ pain. After that I just tood a couple of colace a day for 4 days and then everything was normal. I have freinds whose doctors did not give them this advice and they, like you, suffered greatly with the BM thing. My doc's advice worked for me, so you may want to discuss this w/ your doc. Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register