TVH Experiences? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH Experiences? TVH Experiences?

Unread 03-11-2006, 06:01 AM
TVH Experiences?

spasmo--your experience at the castle read like I want mine to go !!!!!! Good going ! Are you still in as great a shape??

Yes Shutterbug we will be in this together!! When is your pre-op? Mine is the 21st. Saving my excitment until after then!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
TVH Experiences?

midwestcaregive ~
My pre-op is on the 24th. Trying to make sure I get everything ready to go and plan to go out for hubby's b-day next week for some last bit of fun. This morning I couldn't sleep past about 5am so laid there until almost 6am and got up. Have this restless, determined feeling so have been sorting through cupboards like mad. The bathroom, the laundry, camping tote for med stuff, make-up stuff, etc., etc., etc..... It's almost like I'm nesting....even though I've never had the experience of childbirth! Guess whatever it takes to keep myself from going crazy! Only 21 days to go!
Unread 03-13-2006, 12:28 AM
TVH Experiences?

I had TVH (kept ovaries) just over 4 weeks ago. I was very anxious the day before-left it until really late to pack my overnight bag. Had bowel prep-which worked very well. Glad I took it when I did-if I left it any later it could have been nasty! Arrived at hospital at 6 ;30 and my Dr and anaethesist were waiting for me. Had pre-med and remember nothing apart from telling the doc that I could see about 50 of him through my crossed-eyes! (good job he's a hunk). Op took around 2 hours and they had to break uterus up as it was big. Recovery good although I vomitted several times.Eventually was given drugs to stop this. Catheter out next morning and caused no pain whatsoever. Didn't really need any pain relief. Spent two nights in hospital(read 2 books!) and came home feeling washed out. Cried for most of the day-still don't know why! I went for a very long walk too-which I know was silly but I had to do it to clear my head and get rid of the dark clouds. Felt fine day 3- started driving again. Pretty much back to normal at day 4. Only things worth mentioning are during week one I still felt a bit queasy and found it hard to rest and sleep-almost hyperactive! That soon settled down though. Returned to work(part-time) at 2 and half weeks.
If I had been in a coma over the last few weeks and someone said I'd had an op I wouldn't believe them.Certainly wouldn't be able to identify where-everything feels as normal.
Hope your experience is a good one. Relax as much as you can in hospital and remember that the main hurdle with TVH is probably the first week.
Good luck and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Thank you

Thank you to all who posted on the vaginal hysterectomy experience. I've been nervous about mine (tomorrow is the date) but now I feel at ease after reading how smoothly most of yours has been. I know everyone is different, but it looks like the percentage is a good thing to by! Will let you know how it goes when I get back. I just wanted to let you konw you've all put my mind at ease with everything. Just waiting now for pre-op to call and tell me what time to be there in the morning. I believe I'm first on the schedule so I'm ready to be awake and walking out the door by 5 AM.....good grief! Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register