just complaining | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just complaining just complaining

Unread 04-23-2001, 01:52 PM
just complaining

Hi girls , I just need to come here and get this off my chest. How long ago is it since I first found out about the cancer?? 4 weeks? Well I am just sick and tired of the waiting for the treatment to begin. This waiting is lots worse than when I was waiting for my hysterectomy. All I know that is inside me I have cancerous cells , I have no idea if they are spreading and I still have at least a 2 week wait until I start the treament. I just want to get it over and done with so that I can get on with my life. Thanks for listening love to you all x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2001, 02:03 PM
just complaining

(((((Robyn)))))))
Hugs sweetie!!!
I know....the waiting must be very hard on you. You know it has to be done, and you are mentally prepared and now you have to wait. Bummer for sure eh?

I must say I can't relate to the waiting for treatment part as I only had 10 days after my surgery to wait for the joyous first chemo round.....so I was just starting to feel good from the surgery and the treatment started. As it turns out I am glad for that as I have very little patience and the waiting would have driven me nuts too!

However I do know about the wait between chemo rounds...that drove me nuts. I wanted to go everyday straight..just everyday until I had all the chemo I needed. Thats the kind of person I am...just get it over with. lol....but of course every chemo program and radiation program has a course of action....and there was no way I could have the chemo everyday...my God...it is chemicals after all. But I can tell you.....if I could have I would have.

I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you, and you get in there and get rid of those nasty cells. By the way, I love the angel visualization you mentioned in a post the other day. I wish I had heard of that when I was having mine. It sounds like a wonderful technique.

Keep your chin up hon, and try to be positive!! You are going to beat this thing once and for all!!

Hugs and Prayers,
Maria xoxo
Unread 04-23-2001, 02:08 PM
just complaining

Hi Robyn --

Hang in there, you'll make it. I know the waiting is awful. My chemo was delayed for a couple of weeks once because my iron count was low and I told my MD that I was afraid that the cancer cells would spread if the chemo was delayed. She reassured me that they would not. I'm the most impatient person in the world (ask my husband)! Don't feel bad about being impatient -- my doc told me it was a good sign in a patient -- that means you want to heal!!! Keep your eyes on the prize -- you'll make it.

Love,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2001, 07:36 PM
just complaining

Hi Robyn,

I feel so bad about what you've had to go through. You've given such wonderful support to other ladies on these boards. I pray that things will start turning around for you.
Unread 04-23-2001, 08:15 PM
just complaining

{{Robyn}}

I know its so hard to wait, especially with all the waiting you've already done. I had to wait about a month before beginning my treatments after surgery and felt the same way.

As Cyndy mentioned, that is a very good attitude to have, stay up, stay positive and you'll get there and once you begin, I bet the time will fly by. Then you can start living your life again the way you want to.

{{hugs}] to you gal!

Vicki
Unread 04-24-2001, 04:56 AM
just complaining

This is great that you are ready to get things started! I can't say that I blame you either! Use this time wisely. Make sure that you getting lots of rest and eating healthy! You will want your body to be in the best health as possible. We are all rooting for you dear!!
Unread 04-26-2001, 07:28 AM
just complaining

Hi Bobyn,Sorry to hear your having to wait soooooo long. I know what you mean about the waiting game I had to go through that for 5 weeks knowing I had cancer in there! That is the hardest thing I ever had to do.It's not at all easy to do and it's something I had on my mind just about every second of every day. So I know you have to be over the waiting game. If it wasn't for my little girl I would have gone nuts.My only advise to you is to let your little one dictate what you do during the day and try to consintrate on her.I let my little one pull me in every direction during this time and it seemed to help me not to be able to think about me! Normally it would have drove me crazy to let her have fun control of everything but it really did help me not to be able to consitrate on me.She had me doing circles most of the time!Anyway I don't know if that will help you or not but I'm a worrywort and I tend to dwell on things as it is.It was the only thing I could think to do.It kept me so busy I couldn't think most of the day.My Dr had already put me on antidepressants and they didn't help me at all.I know what your going through is so hard but you are doing great your venting when you need to and getting all the facts together.Just try to take it one day at a time,you are stronger than you know look how far you have already come.I wish I could be there for you to hug you and let you know we are all there for you.I hope you know you are in all our prayers and are there for you just like you have been there for all of us.Take care and let us know when you need to talk!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register