Sick and worried about getting rid of the bug before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick and worried about getting rid of the bug before surgery Sick and worried about getting rid of the bug before surgery

Unread 03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Sick and worried about getting rid of the bug before surgery

Hi everyone
On Saturday I woke up with a bit of a scratchy throat and by Sunday night I was miserable with stuffy nose and head, coughing a bit and no energy. It seems just like a nasty little cold virus of some kind but now I am worried about getting rid of it before my surgery date. (march 31st)

I have been taking meds to help keep my sinuses draining ( i know, yuk and I'm sorry!) and resting lots on the couch. Drinking lots of liquids. Water, orange juice, grape juice, etc. Is there something I'm not thinking of to help me get over this quicker? Besides the good ole chicken soup rememdy....trying that as well! And hot showers....helps with the sinuses and just makes ya feel better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just can't imagine going through everything to get this scheduled and then having to postpone. I understand why they would but I just don't know if I could handle the waiting even longer!

Thanks ladies!

This place is a lifesaver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 02:49 PM

If you haven't called and talked to your dr about it, maybe you should. The same thing happened to me about 10 days before my hyst. I called my dr, he prescribbed some meds and it cleared up. You still have 3 weeks to get well, but why risk it? Please consider calling your dr - that's what they there for

Best wishes.

S
Unread 03-09-2006, 02:57 PM

Thanks.....think I'll do that right now and see what the nurse says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 09:06 PM

I agree... please call your doctor. I had an urinary tract infection about three weeks before my hyst and I was able get treatment for it before my surgery. The sooner you call your doctor the sooner you are on the road to recovery. Then take it easy and try not to stress out!

Best wishes.
Unread 03-10-2006, 10:14 PM

Thanks ladies! I did call the doc and nurse said to watch it for a week or so (from date I first felt ill) and if not better to be seen. It seems like a nasty cold virus of some kind. I've been taking a nasal decongestant and chugging water and orange juice like crazy and I think I might actually be kicking it! (knocks on wood)
I still have three weeks so if I kick it and keep myself healthy, I should be okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register