Seen Any Good Movies or Read Any Good Books? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seen Any Good Movies or Read Any Good Books? Seen Any Good Movies or Read Any Good Books?

Unread 09-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Seen Any Good Movies or Read Any Good Books?

My all-time favorites are still James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small series of four books. I read them the first time while bedridden with pneumonia 20 years ago...and coughed and laughed hysterically! I read them all again after my hyst with a pillow clutched tightly to my abdomen because I laughed hysterically all the way through them again!
Give them a try.
Have fun,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM

We watched Rumor Has It last weekend. We both fell asleep 1/4 of the way through it. Sure am glad that we only paid $8 for the DVD.
Unread 09-21-2006, 08:56 PM

Kinky Boots, great movie - funny, a bit sad, unusual friendships. It is avaliable for rent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim M
We watched Rumor Has It last weekend. We both fell asleep 1/4 of the way through it. Sure am glad that we only paid $8 for the DVD.
Movie bombed big time here.
Unread 09-23-2006, 06:49 AM

I just finished Fannie Flagg's new book "Can't Wait to Get to heaven". It was ok but I didn't enjoy it as much as her other books. She does write well, I'll read anything else that she writes
Unread 09-23-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanus
I just finished Fannie Flagg's new book "Can't Wait to Get to heaven". It was ok but I didn't enjoy it as much as her other books. She does write well, I'll read anything else that she writes
Tell me about it.

Is it out in paperback yet?
Unread 09-23-2006, 01:27 PM

Marian, I don't think that it's out in paperback yet. I got mine at a discount through a book club.
It's about a lady who "dies" after she falls out of a tree while picking figs. It tells of her adventures and stories of the people who know her. it was enjoyable but not, IMO, up to "Fried Green Tomatoes" or some of her other books. There are some very good parts though
Unread 10-07-2006, 01:00 PM

Last weekend we watched Eight Below. Very cute. It is a Disney movie about some sled dogs surviving when their owner has to leave them alone in Antartica. The dogs are amazing and so cute.
Unread 04-01-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianezz
Not out on DVD yet....BUT Little Miss Sunshine.....I loved it. Anyone else see it? what did you think. I also really enjoyed TransAmerica , both road trip movies. They were really about the emotions and attitudes etc...the road trips were used as the back drop rather than the "theme " of the movies . Both were pleasant supprises as dark comedies.
I finally saw Little Miss Sunshine yesterday -- a first class hoot, but defintely not for everyone!!
Unread 04-01-2007, 12:46 AM

We went to see Wild Hogs last weekend...OMG it is so funny, I'm glad it hadn't came out around my surgery time....I would have busted a stitch from laughing so hard.
I also have read Brother Odd and The Husband by Koontz. I just love all his books, I have most of them but waiting for a few to come out in paperback. I can't wait to read the new Harry Potter, have it on pre order. I also like anything by Stephen King and John Grisham.
If you get a chance and you like horror type movies then Saw3 and Hannibal rising are both good movies to. Wish they would get the next Harry Potter movie done, can't wait for it either.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register