Who has had their moms come to help after surgery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who has had their moms come to help after surgery? Who has had their moms come to help after surgery?

Unread 03-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Who has had their moms come to help after surgery?

Tiva ~
Hang in there! Things will work out just fine. Just be sure to take care of yourself so you can heal correctly. We have the same surgery date! I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2006, 11:32 AM

Lots of postings about mothers. When my mother was alive she drove me nuts sometimes. It comes from years of knowing each other, doing things I wouldn't want her to know about and then being anxious around her, etc. But honestly, if I had written a script of what I would want in a mother, she was it: intensely caring, intelligent, put me above all else, and prided herself in her children more than any other accomplishment (and she had many). My father, my best friend, died in June. So as you can see, the way to handle the mother or father coming to take care of you, is to imagine what it would be like to be going through this without them. I am only 42 and I wish they were here more than anything I can express to you. Not to get all maudlin on you, but I really think that is the answer. Increase your patience with them, and you will be fine.
Unread 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM

ispy.... well said, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:30 PM

My Mom and I don't always get along but we know we can depend on each other. We have always said that life is too short to stay mad at each other because in the blink of an eye something could happen and we may never get to say,"I love you and I'm sorry".
I took care on my Mom when she had a knee replacement and she took care of me when I had a hysterectomy. It was great knowing she was right here when I needed her. She brought me drinks, fluffed my pillows, cleaned my house, did my laundry and cooked. She took care of me just like she did when I was a little girl and stayed home from school when I was sick.
I am having prolapse repair in a few weeks and she is already planning what she's going to cook while she's here. Though i don't always see eye to eye with her I thank God everyday that he gave me such a great Mom.
Michelle
Unread 03-12-2006, 04:18 PM

I can relate - I'm 43 and live alone and Mom just made the 13 hour drive to be with me for 2 weeks until I can drive. I love her, we get along great - but I sooooo know what you mean about becoming the 12 year old again. I think my mother would only be happy if I could find a way to crawl back up into her uterus . . .
Unread 03-12-2006, 07:34 PM

You guys really know how to put it all in perspective! I want to hug my mom right now! My mom is very well-meaning she just misses the boat sometimes and over the years I have been able to deal with that better and better. I don't take it all to heart anymore, and realize that I play a role too. It is easy to use a mom like mine as your whipping post. I am proud to say that my mom and I are friends and that is something I never sae happening when I was younger.

The flip side is that some moms aren't all great. I am raising my cousin, as my own child, because her mother just isn't a mother. Sometimes recognizing that a mother isn't good to be around is not a bad thing.

This makes me think of how I want my daughter to think of me when they are vunerable...will they find comfort in my presence? I sure hope so, if I wasn't getting rid of my uterus I wouldn't mind any of them climbing back in!

Betts
Unread 03-13-2006, 12:02 PM

My mom & I have a great relationship that I am thankful for. But there are times when I start to act like a 12 year again (like now) and somehow I think she kinda likes it. Knowing that she is still needed (and to be honest there are times that my DS acts 6 instead of 12) and it comforts me to know that he still needs his mommy! Just hang in there. Situations like this can bring out the best in people and relationships.
Unread 03-13-2006, 06:23 PM

my mom was great, don't worry, let go and you will be blessed...

peace
Unread 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM

My mom came to help me during the day my first week home. She tucked me in and made supper for my family before she left. It was a great week- granted I don't remember all of it. My dad even came over one day because he felt left out. (isn't that so like parents to think cleaning and cooking is fun?)You'll be sleeping alot and won't care whether or not your mom is upset about your housekeeping. Just think, if she cleans as well as it sounds like she does, you'll come out ahead in the long run. And you can always tell her you got a little behind because you were preparing for the surgery.
Unread 03-13-2006, 09:49 PM

Tiva,
I know how you feel, but at the same time, my Mom and I dont' get along at all, but she insisted on coming down for a week after my surgery. The only thing I can say is relax, hibernate in your room if you need to and maybe come up with a list of things she can do while you are recouperating so that she'll stop asking you 1,000 times what she can do to help. If you get along with your Mom, maybe pick up some movies you both love or have been dying to see and designate a couple of hours every day or one entire day to just watching movies together. Or decide on a book to both read while she's there that you can compare notes on..... good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register