Who has had their moms come to help after surgery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who has had their moms come to help after surgery? Who has had their moms come to help after surgery?

Unread 03-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Who has had their moms come to help after surgery?

I'm kind of in an opposite situation...as in my Mum is desperate to travel the 200 miles to be with me, but can't. (She's in hospital..the big 'C') On saying that, if she was fit and healthy, wild horses wouldn't stop her, and she'd drive me insane! She has always had a tendency to rearrange my house and plan my decorating, all the while making 'helpful' comments on the way I iron ('why don't you do the collar first?'), the way I dust ('when was the last time you dusted? 1983?') and the way I raise my son ('Don't shout at him, he drew on the wall by accident..'). My tongue has been bitten so many times I'm suprised it's still there! On saying that, I would give everything to have her here <shrug> Can't live with her, can't live without her Enjoy your mums good moments, ignore the rest...and if you can't ignore, pretend you're asleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 05:21 AM

I was hesitant on reading this thread since my mother passed away almost 5 years ago... I am glad I did, it made me smile and giggle.

My mother was never a good housekeeper but she sure did know how to make me feel better when I was sick. She drove me nuts in the process too! She would do anything I asked and never question it.

I have tried my best to keep it from my mind that I will be basically going this alone (only DH and DS) and they don't come close to my Mom.

No, you won't do everything the same but it doesn't mean she is wrong or you are wrong, just a bit different. Enjoy her for who she is, after all, she did come to help you.

It use to drive me nuts when my mother would call several times a day (sometimes more!) Now, if only the phone would ring and I could hear her nagging voice asking me if I was OK or if I needed something.

I dread this part of surgery. When I am sick I want my mother and no one can replace her. I am afraid with the pain and all that I will be going through that this will be the opening of several crying jags. Reason for pushing it to the back of my mind...

A mother's love is unconditional and no one can replace it. Enjoy it, it doesn't last forever.
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:14 AM

Mom's are a godsend... Let the little things go, she wouldn't be there if it bothered her that much :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 10:18 AM

I'm thinking 6000 miles is a little far for my mom to come, even if she did want to *phewwww*
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:40 PM

Hi Tiva

Yep... gee that sounds familiar! I hadn't talked to my Mum before surgery for 5 years and my DH decided to send her an email to tell her I was in hospital and why (against my wishes but that's another story).

Well she rang me 2 hours before my op and asked me if I'd like her to come, what could I say apart from yes. Well it's difficult being in a hospital bed, it's a very vulnerable position but at the end of the day, yes I'm glad my mum came, I'd had enough of her after 2 days (the first day I was still whacked out on morphine and didn't notice she was there :-)

But there are times when we need our mums so if it all gets a bit too much then be gentle but kind, if you can't handle having her there then let her know. Lucky for me my Mum had to go home to my Dad.

Your recovery is important and you don't need any added stress. She'll come whether you want her there or not so remember to thank her for showing an interest and wanting to be there then happily put her on her bike and tell her you'll be fine and it's OK to go home!
Unread 03-16-2006, 08:13 PM

I don't get along very well with my mom. We try but it's a very strained relationship....bad childhood memories and some adult ones. But, that said, I always want my mom when I'm sick.....even if I'm mad at her and she always comes to my side...even if she's mad at me.

She will be there at the hospital with me and she'll probably be the one coming by to check on me before she goes to work while my hubby is still at work. She works alot of swing and graveyard as an ISP dispatcher.

I'll be grateful for her being there and also when she goes! And I do truly mean that in the best way possible!

Who I'll miss the most is my gram who passed away a year and a half ago. We were close like my mom and I should be....she was more of a mother to me than mine. I guess that's what happens when you're raised by grandparents.

Good luck and just remember.....she's there because she loves you and for that we are lucky.
Unread 03-16-2006, 08:42 PM

I haven't even had my surgery yet. My mom has been to my house all this week because my fibroids and aunt flo aren't jiving real well together. She has a type of lymphoma and gets antigen treatments each week. Bless her heart she insist taking care of me b/c I took care of her every moment of fighting this cancer. I am very lucky to have her and feel these aren't the happiest times we've had together but were together and that's what count.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register