2nd week and holding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd week and holding 2nd week and holding

Unread 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd week and holding

Hello,

I'm onthemend2 and this is day 13 since my hysterectomy. I'm hanging in there, but am getting bored and sick and tired of the on again off again pain. I take vicodin (4 per day now) which seems to just take the edge off of the pain. I get depressed sometimes and irratible at my daughter who is 31 and lives with me with here two boys (10 and 5). Tho I love them dearly, they recently moved in and I get irratible at some of their sloppy habits. Then I feel like one big crabby lady. I'm wondering if this is normal or have I completely flipped out over this darn vaginal hysterectomy. Any comfort will be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
2nd week and holding

Hi onthemend2
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm sorry you're struggling. Please remember you aren't even two weeks post op. You need to be mostly resting. You should be able to control your pain with your pain medication and by not over doing. I wonder what you have been doing? If you are having a lot of pain maybe you're trying to do too much.
Even when you keep your ovaries there can be some fluctuating of your hormones. This could be part of what is affecting your moods. I know it can be a big adjustment to have a child move back home with her children. I have one who has done just that at my house too
I hope you will sit your dd down and tell her what you need from them. This is your time to heal and you have no business taking care of them. They need to be taking care of you. They also need to respect the fact that you are going through a difficult time emotionally and not make it any harder on you than is necessary.
I think this sounds like a situation most any of us would struggle with. I know you love your dd and your grandchildren, but I hope you will give yourself a break here and some time to heal without requiring too much of yourself or being too hard on yourself for feeling grumpy.
in there and maybe make a list of what you need from your family to make this easier on you all.
's,Rita
Unread 03-14-2006, 09:54 AM
2nd week and holding

Hello onthemend2,

I am also 13 days post-op today. I am having some pain and also take pain meds. occasionally. I feel the same way you do. I am very emotional and irritable. My family also has very sloppy habits. It irritates me to no end. I think its hormonal. Our bodies have gone through a major change and we have to take time to heal and adjust. Hang in there. I believe in time things will work out. But in the meantime its okay to be crabby. You just had major surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
2nd week and holding

I am 15 days out, and at about day 11 my hormones went insane. I felt PMS'y. I kept my ovaries, so its them dealing with the fact that I was on major heavy duty hormones prior to the SAH, but man does it make me upset sometimes....I cry, I get mad, I get weepy, I get depressed...I can't even imagine trying to rebuild my life yet.

But I try to keep some part of me sort of neutral and observing when the waves of moods strike...and that part reminds the weepy part that this is chemical and it will pass. I have given myself permission to be upset as much as I need, but I try to remove myself from the company of others when it gets bad so I dont take it out on them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register