weight gain or loss? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weight gain or loss? weight gain or loss?

Unread 03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
weight gain or loss?

Did anyone lose or gain weight after surgery and recovery? Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
weight gain or loss?

I lost 10lbs after the hyst. and have gained back 30lbs in the yr since the surgery. Now before anyone freaks out when they read this lol......I had been very ill before the surgery,had lost 50lbs,and was terribly underweight. So,actually, right now I am only 5 lbs. over my "ideal" weight which is fine for me. It'll come off easily once winter is over and I can be active outdoors again.
Unread 03-14-2006, 11:43 PM
weight gain or loss?

I"ve gained 8 pounds, but I can't seem to get my eating under control since the surgery.. I'll have a great week and then I'll binge for a few days and then start all over again. I'm not handling this LONG recovery. I wish the doctors would have been truthful and said "it's going to take a year to heal" not lie and say 6-8 weeks. Sure glad I found this sight or I'd really be going crazy thinking something was wrong with me instead of knowing that this is major surgery and it just takes time to heal.. I'm not a patient person so this has been really hard.. Sorry got off the subject. ok.. I gained 8 pounds to answer your question. ;-0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 05:33 AM
weight gain or loss?

I came home from the hospital 4 pounds heavier, have lost that but no more. I didn't even have any appetite until a day or do ago and I've been trying to eat healthy. At least I'm not gaining. Can't wait until I can exercise again.
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:20 AM
weight gain or loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforgym
I"ve gained 8 pounds, but I can't seem to get my eating under control since the surgery.. I'll have a great week and then I'll binge for a few days and then start all over again. I'm not handling this LONG recovery. I wish the doctors would have been truthful and said "it's going to take a year to heal" not lie and say 6-8 weeks. Sure glad I found this sight or I'd really be going crazy thinking something was wrong with me instead of knowing that this is major surgery and it just takes time to heal.. I'm not a patient person so this has been really hard.. Sorry got off the subject. ok.. I gained 8 pounds to answer your question. ;-0
What trouble are you having with the recovery? I am having a TAH keeping ovaries on 3/29 and I also was told 6-8 weeks.
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:43 AM
weight gain or loss?

I lost 4 pounds after surgery and have mostly maintained that, but others tell me that I look thinner in my face. I feel much better after losing that large uterus and have a lot more energy. I'm also hoping that once the weather gets warmer I'll be able to work some more off with my gardening. For me, I'm watching not only the type of food, but also the quantity. I haven't had any soda pop since my surgery and I think that was a "trigger food" for me because my appetite was bigger (as well as my cravings) after drinking pop. I think it messed up my sugar levels or something and I really prefer drinking water now. I'm just using this surgery as the time to really change my life and start taking better care of my body. So far, its working.
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:49 AM
weight gain or loss?

I have lost 11 pounds. I seem to no longer crave sweets like I did when I was on birth control pills. I also had a rude awakening with a complication and realized that I really need to take better care of myself so I am trying to really think about what I eat.
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
weight gain or loss?

I lost weight atfer surgery BUT i feel bigger. I had to buy bigger pants when I went back to work. I finally fit into my pre hyst pants but I still get the swelly belly after a long day and i often feel bloated. I exercise every day but.....
Unread 03-15-2006, 07:49 PM
weight gain or loss?

If anyone ever wants a recommendation for a weight loss plan, i joined Weight watchers in January and am down almost 14 lbs already. It is a great plan for life, not a diet. Hugs Raymo
Unread 03-15-2006, 07:51 PM
weight gain or loss?

I love WW!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register