Home from the Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle Home from the Castle

Unread 03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Home from the Castle

I made it home from the castle finally! I had an LAVH, and everything went well. Dr. said it was most definately necessary...that was a huge relief.

I had it rough in recovery, woke up in extreme pain(I think from him taking care of the veins that were so bad)Was given Dilouded sp? and then wasn't breathing very good. I didn't sleep very good kept having something like sleep apena, only could sleep for 5-10 minutes and would feel like my throat was closing off. I was supposed to come home yesterday, but the pain was even worse and no one could tell me why..the dr's office thought I was just overreacting and told them to give me Xanex. The nurses could tell that I was really having pain. It was about a 12 out of 10 at that point. The nurses figured that with having my fourth surgery and two pregnancies since last April my body was just not coping well. My bowels didn't wake up until late last night.

Today was much more how I expected things to be, I am sore and hurting but can manage the pain. I am glad to be home! My dh was a prince, he took such good care of me stayed with me the whlole time. My mom and sister bought me new sheets for my bed and pj's. I thought of all of you, and was so grateful for the good advice I read on here. I will write more later, you all know how I love to be long-winded!

Betts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Home from the Castle

Hi Betts,
I'm glad your home. Take it easy, let people wait on you.
M.
Unread 03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Home from the Castle

welcome home!! Take it easy and rest!! hugs Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Home from the Castle

Glad you made it home safe and sound! Now get some rest!
Unread 03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Home from the Castle

Glad you are home! As a new remember to get plenty of , as you are able, and lots of water! You may also wish to check out our Post Op Section which contains a link to the post op discussion forum where you can ask questions related to your recovery.
Best wishes to you!
Unread 03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome Home from the ! So glad that things are better now! Make sure you dont over do it!

Remember to !!

Lots of Hugs and best wishes for an uneventful recovery!
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome home Betts. Feels good to be home huh? Get some rest and enjoy the pampering. I sure am. LOL!
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Home from the Castle

AAAAAH Bett's so sorry to read that you had such awful pain.

Well it is over and do all you can to rest rest rest !!

I have been checking in to see if/when you would come "home sweet home"!!

Sending good wishes for a great outcome to this procedure and a much healthier life ahead.

Pain free!
Unread 03-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Home from the Castle

Thanks everyone! It does feel good to be home, even though I feel like I am a little too popular...everyone in my house wanted to be right in my face at once! My sister saved the day and took all the kids for a burger. AHHHHHH!

I keep obbsessing over why I had as much pain as I did...it just didn't make sense. I think the fact that the midwife that works in the office came to see me after surgery instead of my dr. She really bothered me. I told her that my pain was waaaay beyond what I was prepared for. She told me that I could chalk that up to having surgery. I felt slighted. I have given birth 8 times and this was my fifth surgery, I feel that I know what pain is. I found out today that my dr. told my family that I would not feel good for awhile because I had been through too much lately. That would have been nice for me to hear in that pain crisis, validation at least. It is hard to be truly in pain and to have someone suggest that you just are not handling things well.

I am so glad that is over, I feel much more in a normal post-op state right now. You ladies are the greatest. I thanked Hystersisters everytime I reached in my little bag of tricks at the castle. My tea bags, saline nose drops, and lotion were the big winners!!!

I can't wait to write my whole castle story..
Betts
Unread 03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Home from the Castle

welcome home and take it easy...my dh was so great trying to help me all the time..and who figured??the man can cook lol. took 17 years to figure out that he could lol..take advantage of the rest..i know i am

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register