Ovarian cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian cysts Ovarian cysts

Unread 03-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Ovarian cysts

I am so confused and have surfed the web until I am even more confused (doesn't take much right now, I can assure you )

I understood the reason I went on birth control 6 years ago was to stop the functional cysts I had been having. I now have another cysts, around 5 cm in size, fluid filled. Isn't this a functional cyst still? How can it still happen? They put you on birth control to reduce them. It seems I have been able to grown them instead, and to add to it, the estrogen in the birth control has now accelrated my fibroid and associated problems.

Something doesn't add up and I wondered if any sisters here were able to shed some light on the matter with their understanding. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Ovarian cysts

I am sorry you are having a tough time. Exactly what are they saying your cyst is? I just had a hemorrhagic cyst--which if I understood correctly, was a functional cyst that bleed into itself so I ended up with this 5.4x5.9x5 cm mass. In order to attempt to prevent them, my gyn would like to put me on b/c, but I can't take any of them because of my migraines. But, I would have been put on a b/c--such as Depro shots--that would not have contained estrogen.

Are you on a b/c with estrogen to treat your endo? That may be why you still have cysts, and the estorgen would also be feeding your endo. Have you had a second opinion about your health issues, and esp about having a hyst?

Best wishes to you! I hope you find the answers you are looking for!
Unread 03-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Ovarian cysts

Thanks for replying. I haven't been given a label for the type of cyst this one is this time. I was just told it was benign and fluid filled. The b/c I am on is combined, so includes estrogen. I can't why the gyn in the UK in 2000 gace that type of b/c for cysts, since his d/x'd my fibroid at the same time and must have know it would cause it to grow. My main problem is fibroids and it's associated symptoms. I do not have endo (to my knowledge). I have tried other non-estrogen drugs before and I bled continuously and started becoming a man within a week! Heaven forbid! I'd rather have fibroids So I had to come off those drugs and go back on b/c.

My second opinion is now here in the US. Fibroid grown, more ovarian cysts, and all their associated fun. Both my PCP and gyn here recommend a hyst. So do I. Enough is enough. I'm just confused how the cysts part is still happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Ovarian cysts

I have no idea where I read "endo" in your post!

My only idea would be the estrogen in your b/c is still allowing the cysts to grow.

Have you checked our our fibroid resources? There are also options other than a hyst listed there. Fibroids

I do hope your drs are able to find a solution for your health needs, including the cysts! in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register