Finally decided to do it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally decided to do it Finally decided to do it

Unread 03-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Finally decided to do it

Since my doctor won't let me stay on Lupron until I reach menopause. I have decided to go ahead and be done with it. TAH. I have been battling endo for at least 16 years and adeno the past 7. I have been on Lupron 3 times. Have had multiple surgeries for the endo with the last requiring a bowel resection. On the suggestion of my doc I tried an UAE where they also attempted to do my ovarian arteries, but it wasn't successful. I continued to get my period for a few months and then didn't have it for 2 months, was so hopeful it was finally kicking in, and then it came back with a vengence this month. I called right away and said I am done with this, schedule me! I was in such pain I was about ready to go sit on the train tracks and went through 4 bags of pads in 3 days. Doc told me we could try some drug they use for breast cancer, some doctors are starting to use it for endo/adeno, it is supposed to put you into menopause, but I just don't want to waste anymore time feeling bad and just have to have surgery anyway. Doc had tried pretty much everything because he is fearful of what is going to happen during surgery. Said he is about 80% sure I will end up with at least a temp ostomy. Concerned that I may lose a ureter and who knows what else. I am upset he couldn't do it right away. I really didn't want to have to go through another cycle. Have too much going on. On April 30th my youngest will make her first communion. So I am hoping that 19 days is enough of a recovery period for that. In May, hubby gets an award from State Fire Marshall for bravery on the job, don't want to miss that, and don't want to be bleeding like crazy during it either! So don't want to put it past either of these dates either. Cuz, you know, for sure I will have my period during one of these, or it will be one of those "special" times where it hangs around for 15 days and I will have it for both events. He is planning on having a gastro surgeron their to deal with the belly stuff if needed and also an oncologist. He said oncologists are used to dealing with messed up insides so he may be of some assistance. I am nervous as well. Don't really want to have an ostomy, but what the heck, may consider it a convenience. Worried about sexual response after, but then again, can't have sex now, so it has to be better, right?

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Finally decided to do it

Wow! You've got lots to think about! It's good that you will have so many surgeons available to handle whatever you may need. I truly hope this gives you the relief you so desperately need. I understand the battle with endo. I, too, am at my end with it and finally decided on the hyst.
Here's to feeling so much better!
Unread 03-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Finally decided to do it

I am so sorry to hear about your battle with endo and now a major op. I know how it is with endo i have had it for 12 yrs and i am not scheduled to have a hyster as well.

With the ostomy i know a bit about that as well my husband has chrohns disease and have two bowel resections and now it is looking that he wil have to have a bag but we are trying to keep positive.

I wish you all the best with everything

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register