Supportive partners | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Supportive partners Supportive partners

Unread 03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Supportive partners

Earlier tonight my hubby asked me if there was somewhere for the husbands to go and I said there was a section on this site but I hadn't really looked at it yet.
Well.....just now he came through and asked me to save the site so he can check it out later!
I am soooooo very lucky to have found my hunny! He's the best. Just wondered if anyone else's significant others have utilized this site and if they've found it useful. Is there somewhere else for the DH's to find info besides our great site?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Supportive partners

My DH spent time on here after my surgery was scheduled..... In fact he has quoted things from the site to me.......

He has been so great throughout this whole recovery.... A little over protective at times, but wouldn't have it any other way.... I consider myself very lucky.....
Unread 03-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Supportive partners

That's great to hear! As if could possibly get any better having such an amazing man as my husband....he just told me to upgrade my membership tomorrow! He's been so supportive of me and I am so grateful for him and this great site. I've got all the support I'll ever hopefully need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Supportive partners

upgrade your account for what?
Unread 03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Supportive partners

I know how it is to have a supportive husband. Mine is wonderful. He is doing everything around here, plus taking care of me, and 4 kids. He goes back to work on Thursday and Friday and he is taking more leave to spend time with me. He did find this site helpful, as did I. I just hope that everyone else finds this site as helpful.
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Supportive partners

may48185 ~
Upgrade to Crown Jewels!

my4athome ~
I find this site to be a lifesaver. I don't know what I would have done without it and all the special people that make it up.
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Supportive partners

Isn't it comforting to know that you have support from those you love when you need it most.

Here is the link for Mister HysterSisters. It is a site for spouses and families of women who have had/are having/are contimplating a hysterecomy. This site can provide information to help your family on a number of topics. Please encourage your dh's to check this out.

My best to you all, and a special thank you to those who support you from the sidelines.
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Supportive partners

My DH has not looked at the MR. Hyster section, but he has been incredibly supportive.

My DH is a jokester, and then he turns serious. I know when he is joking so it is not a problem. Throughout my entire pre-surgery, surgery and post-surgery he would joke with me about going back to work the day after I get out of the hospital, home all day no reason to not clean house, do laundry, etc. Then in the next breath he is telling me to sit down and put my feet up.

The week that I had surgery was the worst week that I could have had surgery because of his work schedule. Unfortanetly when I scheduled the surgery I did not look at his work schedule and forgot that it was his busy week at work (he has 1-2 weeks a month that are "do not disturb my schedule"). Once he reminded me of his schedule I understood that the first week he would not be able to cater to my needs, yet he called me everyday to be sure I was ok. The second and third weeks of recovery he was out of town and again called a couple times a day to be sure I was ok.

I have been released back to normal activities, with the knowledge to still becareful and not overdue it. The other day I was trying to move some boxes with a handcart and DH told me not to do it and just hold the door open. Just another way that he shows he loves me and that he is supportive of my recovery.

I hope everyone else has a suportive DH and children, it sure helps with the recovery.
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Supportive partners

My incredible, amazing, AWESOME.....did I say incredible?....DF has been on here quite a bit. I have been pampered, beyond words, and supported throughout, I am very lucky!, I can not wait to marry this Man!. I Love You Honey!
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Supportive partners

My DH hasn't been checking out the web site, but he has been wonderful and has made me feel like a . I've done nothing housework wise around here since I got home, except fold some clothes that he brought up from the laundry room. He's even done all the running around for the kids that I normally have to do, and even offered to take tomorrow off to go with DS to get his braces off. I passed on that offer, though, as I feel really good and I want to be there.

I am truly blessed to have such a good man in my life. Sounds like there are a lot of other lucky ladies here, too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register