Supportive partners - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Supportive partners Supportive partners

Unread 03-20-2006, 08:20 AM
My handsome prince

My hubby was a complete dork in the beginning and said some hurtful things that he didn't intend to be hurtful. He just doesn't think the way I think. I was worried he wouldn't think of me the same, he said the organs being removed were'nt important anyway. Okay. Once we talked we both understood where the other one was coming from and began the journey together. Men are fixers, they need to fix things so DH response was if its broke, fix it by removing it. It wasn't that easy for me cuz I'm a girl and we're emotional.
Once we talked things were good and he's been wonderful ever sense. He called his mom and made arrangements for her to come stay with me bfor as long as I need her. She even came a few days early so she could see where places the kids needed to go were and where stuff was in the house. Last week was spring break for the kids so she didn't have to worry about getting them off to school while I was in the hospital. DH has been awesome. Yesterday I was feeling okay so I didn't expect anyone to stay home with me from church but he made sure his mom stayed with me just in case. He told me it would make him feel better to have someone with me just in case I needed anything. He's so cute. He comments every day that I look beautiful, which when you spend each day in jammies with your hair in a ponytail, is a major image booster. I don't think I could've made it through all of this without him. His visits in the hospital, helping me out of bed at 2am for yet another marathon trip to the potty, helping me take a shower since I still have trouble reaching my legs. He's wonderful. I'm waiting for the day though that he's like okay woman, you've been lounging enough, wheres my dinner. LOL!! Hopefully he'll give me another week or so before I have to do that. I'm quite enjoying the princess lifestyle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Supportive partners

My hubby has also been amazingly supportive. I'm not scheduled until July, but he already has plans of what he is going to do and of what our kids are going to do. I keep worrying about this or that and he tries to ease all my fears. This is probably the 3rd time he's gone through something like this with me. Amazing guy!
Unread 03-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Supportive partners

My Boyfriend is a gift from God. I spent so many years wasting my time and effort on losers, and then I step into D's life, and he stepped into mine. He is caring, and compassionate, and understanding of my pain, it hurts him to see me hurt and it is hard for him because he can't take that away from me. So he makes me comfortable, he thanks me for the things I do and he hugs me alot. He tells me how sexy I am even when I feel unattractive, he says I am beautiful first thing in the morning when my eyes are puffy and my hair is all over the place. He has my heart and a space in my soul for as long as time exists for me.

He is closing his business the day of my surgery and said that he would welcome my MOM coming to stay a few days after....OMG....I opted out of that becuase while I love her, I didn't want to subject D. to her for a long period of time.

I think there are many men out there who are real true men, with good character and values. I wasted many years on men without any of those things...

Celebrate the men you love ladies, and let them celebrate you.

T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Supportive partners

my dh has been wonderful!!!i love him to death..hes done everything wont let me do anything!!!who knew the man could cook after 17 years? lol but hes doing a wonderful job. men can do more than they claim they can lol. and they can do a pretty darn good job at it!!!
Unread 03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Supportive partners

My DH has been wonderful. When I was first diagnosed with the endo he was only a Dear Boyfriend. We got married 9 days before my surgery and he was absolutely wonderful through the whole process and continues to be. My libido is basically non-existent since my surgery and we were talking last night and I realized I'm more worried about it than he is. He said "if we never have sex again, I'm not going anywhere." The support units are essential through this entire process!
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Supportive partners

"I think there are many men out there who are real true men, with good character and values. I wasted many years on men without any of those things..."

Tamque ~ You said it exactly....that's how I feel about my hubby! He is a truly for-real, good values, old-fashioned type of man. Totally adores me...even in those pony-tail and jammies, puffy-eyed and wild hair times! (Thanks gals....you really know how to put things into words!)
And the 'no sex' thing because of surgery and maybe hormone troubles.....he's worried about what kind of man I think he is. Says he loves me and isn't ever going anywhere even if that part of our relationship is majorly changed!

I am so glad to hear that other women have wonderful hubbies out there to take care of them and treat them like the they are.
We were joking around last night and I told hubby that I should rent him out to some of the ladies who don't have a pampering prince....he says, "You'd have to pay someone to rent me!" I said, "No way!" He's absolutely perfect in my eyes. And maybe secretly, as much as I'd love to help each and every lady on this site, I don't want to share my hunny!
S to everyone who needs one this day.
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Supportive partners

I think mine is still in shock that I'm having mine. But, I know he's concerned, and I think that's why he's been so quiet. He can't be here when I go in, he has to go back to Iraq on the 31st, just 7 days before...which I think is bothering him more than he's willing to admit. He did seem quite relieved that I said I'd send him a Red Cross message to let him know it was done and I was ok. I know if he could be here, he'd be wonderful.
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Supportive partners

lilarmywife ~
Sorry your hubby can't be there with you! That must be hard to deal with. But you must also be awfully proud. That's great to know that you can send a message to let him know you are okay. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way and some S.
Unread 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Supportive partners

My dh can be a real pain sometimes, but right before I went to the castle he came through! He read the MisterHystersisters Q&A and took it to heart. In fact we were at Wal-mart the day before surgery getting stuff and as we were checking out I grabbed a gallon of milk to put up on the checkstand thingy, he took it away from me and told me that was over my weight limit and then wouldn't let me take anything else out of the cart! Bless his heart! I hadn't even had surgery yet! LOL! I had some complications in the castle and he stuck with me the whole time and worried over me. Since I have been home he reminds me to take it easy and not overdo...he wants this phase of our life to be over and to have a healthy wife. Believe me he is not the most sympathetic guy normally, I sure feel lucky to have hime right now.

Betts
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Supportive partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by *shutterbug*
lilarmywife ~
Sorry your hubby can't be there with you! That must be hard to deal with. But you must also be awfully proud. That's great to know that you can send a message to let him know you are okay. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way and some S.
Yeah I'm very proud of him, and of me for facing this on my own so he can do his job) I don't usually toot my own horn, but this occasion I think deserves it...lol!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register