Crazy Dreams Post-Op or am I Crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crazy Dreams Post-Op or am I Crazy? Crazy Dreams Post-Op or am I Crazy?

Unread 03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Crazy Dreams Post-Op or am I Crazy?

Howdy all from the deep south! I gotta a crazy question to ask but I need to know if this has happened to any of ya'll? Right after the surgery I started having crazy, awful dreams. Trust me these dreams weren't your normal nightmares like someone chasing you and you couldn't get away fast enough. These dreams were on the bloody ucky side. I would see people fall and bust into pieces and all kind of awful stuff. I would wake up scared to death. Since I have gotten off my pain meds the awful dreams have stopped(thank goodness). I have always been the type of person who hated all those scary movies so why I would dream such awful stuff is beyond me. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2006, 11:51 PM

I did have some crazy dreams, none too scary, but still very weird dreams.
Unread 03-20-2006, 01:38 AM

I always have weird dreams...LOL!, but they have gotten even more bizzare after surgery, hormones I bet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Ooowee..

I had a 'doozy' last night!
One of those awful dreams of trying to escape from people trying to kill me and my friends & loved ones but everywhere we ran, the roads and hillsides crumbled, the roofs caved in and the cars ran out of gas!
I kept waking up and telling myself I was dreaming, but when I went back to sleep, the dream picked up where it left off!
Needless to say, I looked beat when I finally rolled out of bed this afternoon (hey, its Sunday).
I'm not on any pain meds but maybe I should be...
===============================================
Unread 03-20-2006, 07:39 AM

I am the queen of the bizarre dreams, but I have to say that after surgery (when I was on the heavy meds still in the hospital) I had some seriously disturbing dreams-two of them woke me up!
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:31 AM

I had some seriously bizarre dreams after surgery. They are still more vivid than normal. I've been off pain meds since day two. My doctor says its a normal reaction to anesthesia. (and I only had a spinal!) I'm hoping it goes away totally soon!
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:46 AM

okay so i'm not completly crazy. you all have had the same issue. mine aren't gorry or awful, just odd. there those ones that you wake up from thinking "what the heck did i just dream". they started the night of surgery and have continued ever sense. its like being on a major acid trip or something (so i've been told) and seeing odd blobs of color smiling at you or talking to a wall that has a face. i wake up almost laughing cuz they're so odd. maybe its the pain meds. who knows. i guess this is what i get for not doing all those drugs in highschool. LOL!!
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:08 PM

I kept having one crazy dream. I kept dreaming that I was falling, I would wake up, tense up, then grab the bed. The tensing up didn't help matters any.
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:23 PM

YES! Crazy, horrible and so vivid. I have always had strange ones but lately they are really "out there". LOL
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:44 PM

If you had morphine as a pain killer, then that explains the crazy dreams . I had horrible tripping acid pychedelic type dreams the second night after surgery, and it was morphine that did it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register