HELP...getting a cold...surgery tomorrow - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP...getting a cold...surgery tomorrow HELP...getting a cold...surgery tomorrow

Unread 03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
HELP...getting a cold...surgery tomorrow

Fingers and toes crossed.
FYI: Had a bit of a cold myself about a week and a half ago....feeling better now...still having a little draining and ears a little sore. Took hubby to doc tonight and he had same stuff....they said it's going around alot. Only thing is he now has an ear infection in the left ear.

I'm sure you will be fine. Sending you lots of good vibes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 10:17 PM

I, too, will be interested to hear what happens.... I was feeling nervous myself today. Just want to get this done and over with....my surgery is a week from today, and I feel a cold coming on myself....grrrrr. Figures...I haven't had a cold in probably close to a year......(knock on wood....but too late for that I think).

Angie
Unread 03-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Anyone else think we are more prone to getting sick before surgery because our immune system is already fighting off the diseases attacking our poor organs and we are already worn out? It's just not fair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 12:02 PM

My surgery is on the 27th and my sinuses and head are killing me. Does anyone know if it's ok to take excedrin. It's seems to be the only thing that helps my headache when my sinuses act up. I am also on nasonex.
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:40 PM

resah ~
Call your doc's office first to be sure it's okay. I wish I had an extensive list of what not to take to share but I don't. I find myself calling the doc's office almost everyday now!
Good luck!
Unread 03-21-2006, 04:16 PM

Did anyone receive a list of medications they shouldn't take before surgery? I didn't get anything at pre-op.
Unread 03-21-2006, 06:39 PM

resah ~
Just came back from visiting with nurse and she advised me to not take the Ultram and Ibuprofen, which I seem to be living on lately, preferably the 10 days prior to surgery. She said sparingly....and not together...only one or the other. She said Tylenol was okay though. I don't usually take it because it never worked well for me....triggers my migraines alot of the time. (Maybe not now....since I haven't taken it for so long.)
Don't know if that helps or not.
Probably should still check with your doc as they all have preferences on top of the normal stuff they don't want you taking.
Unread 03-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the info! I have ultram for pain but didn't know I shouldn't take it. Luckily I haven't taken any, but I have taken excedrin for my headache. I'll call tomorrow and check and see if it's ok. I hope so I can't handle these headaches and excedrin migraine is the only thing that helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register