cervical polyp-anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervical polyp-anyone else? cervical polyp-anyone else?

Unread 03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
cervical polyp-anyone else?

Has anyone else had a cervical polyp? I asked this last week and didn't get much of a response. Which is making me kind of nervous. I can't be the only one? Yes, no? Just curious to see if anyone has had this either before or after surgery. And if so, did they remove it (& how)? I guess I have one that is about 1.5 cm and it is being biopsied tomorrow. I get kind of nervous when they mention "polyp & biopsy" in the same sentence. I know it will be nothing. The whole thing is just aggravting after everything that has already been done to my body...Anyway was just looking for others experiences...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 02:27 PM

I'm not sure that I know what that is. I had a full hyst.
Unread 03-20-2006, 02:48 PM

The Dr said I had some polyps along with fibroids, but mine were uterine. I don’t know much about polyps except that I have read that polyps are fairley common and usually non cancerous. My DR said a DNC could get rid of the polyps, but that since I also had a fibroid that was causing major problems I needed a hysterectomy. So, that is how I got rid of mine.
Sorry, I wish I could be of more help. Hopefully another sister will come along with more answers and knowledge. Good luck and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 02:54 PM

If you will use the search tab at the upper, right of your screen, you can search for "cervical polyps" and also "cervial polyp" and find many threads about this topic.

I hope you find information on these threads that are helpful to you! Best wishes!
Unread 03-20-2006, 03:13 PM

I had a cervical polyp! My gyn discovered it during a routine exam and said we would just leave it alone - not a problem. I later had a TAH for fibroids and other problems so the polyp was biopsied when the cervix was removed. As expected it was just a benign polyp.
Unread 03-20-2006, 04:09 PM

I had a cervical polyp about 3 years ago. It was removed at my gyn office with a simple procedure that was painless except for cramping. My doc sent it to the pathology lab and it came back benign.

Good luck with yours.
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:11 PM

I had a cervical polyp removed, and it was very simple. The doctor described it as plucking a grape. A little tug and it is gone. They routinely biopsy anything that is removed from your body, so don't let that scare you. As with most things, the waiting is the hardest part!
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:20 PM

I had a cervical polyp removed at the same time that I had the hyserectomy. It was biopsied and everything was fine. I was told that cervical polyps are fairly common and that it would have been removed in the office if I wasn't already having surgery. I wouldn't be too worried and I would be glad that you will have a biopsy report. I worry more when I am not sure what something is than when I see it in writing that it is benign. Good luck!
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:36 AM

thanks ladies, you have already made me feel so much better and relaxed about the whole thing. I am sure it will all be fine, it just aggravates me that it is even there at all...Enough already. But thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it.
Unread 03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
polyp on cervical scar

I had a LAVH last July. Three weeks ago (early March) I had to get two very large polyps removed from the scar where my cervix had been. Apparently they grew along the incision from my hysterectomy. They were causing post-coital bleeding.

It's been almost three weeks now since the surgery and I'm doing great. The pathology report came back "benign." No more bleeding. My gynecologist said they are not likely to grow back.

Relax!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register