bored | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
bored

i know im not supposed to.. but.. i only stayed in bed 4 days. i cant sit!! TVH post 10 days now. im up doing dishes, laundry, sweeping & moping and had to vacume yesterday, couldnt stand it any more. Im single, 1 teen (she hasnt been home but 3 nights (nights only) in the 10 days since ive been home. only the animals to keep me company. i know im not supposed to do these things, but its only me here and not like a sink full just a few. and lite maintenance of the house. was feeling real good. cooked st pattys day and baked, (all for myself). now i kinda feel like its catching up with me. taking it easy today and yesterday. I just cant sit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
bored

Micki,

I can completely relate to what you are going thru... BOREDUM, however; it's not the dishes that can hurt you... but the motion of vacuuming and sweeping..., please don't over do it. We all need time to heal. You just had major surgery sistah'! At least you have the animals to keep you company. I am all alone from 7:00 am- 3:10pm. My 12 yr old is at school, and my hubby has been working 12's since I had my surgery (stupid work put him on 12's when I really could use him at home) but anyway...

Take it easy... I'm a bizzy body too (actually I'm a neat freak I can't lie) and if I can ignore it... you can too

Take care and have a great evening
's
Twizz
Unread 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
bored

The vacuuming also gets to me. But the way I solve it is to sweep. I have hardwood floors and as I sit on the couch, I can see the hair and dirt and stuff sitting there on the floor. I just take my broom and pull it across the floor. No back and forth motion, just pull all the dirt to one spot and then I leave it for someone else to sweep up.
I'm at a point that I feel totally comfortable doing dishes and light cooking, but i am really milking my family for all I can right now. I ususally do 80% of the work around here. It's time they see what doesn't get done when Mom's out of commission! After all, when i start doing more, they 'll start expecting more! That will all happen soon enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
bored

thanks ladies, it helps the bordummm when i can get feedback from fellow sisters..no one here to talk to but the animals although they can be quite demanding.. im still trying to figure out how to use this site though.. it gives me something to do. i dont think ive ever been on the computer as much since the surgery usually a work a holic.
thanks
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
bored

I am less than a week out. The doc told me to take it easy and do what I can as I can but to listen to my body. I have no pain, no bleeding but I do get tired and weak at times. I have been doing very little but tonight I decided to cook dinner for the family and I took it easy and it turned out great and I felt like I'd accomplished something. Now I have to admit the dog hair is driving me crazy as I am not vacuuming. I am letting my hubby do that chore for now. If our vaccum wasn't so dang heavy I'd just do it myself. I can't stand to see the dogs hair sitting on top of the carpeting. You aren't alone in your boredom. Be careful, don't overdo it and hurt yourself.
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:18 AM
bored

I did all of these things early on minus the vaccuming..All day long sitting by yourself can get really boring i agree..I did try vaccuming at week 3 or 4 and i realllly paid for it..I got these shooting pains all down my abdomen and tummy area that really scared me. It felt like shocking electrical pains?Weird i no but that is the only way i no to explain them. So i really strongly agree to stay away from that vaccum and mop. Im sure being single would be hard to do, but maybe your teen could do at least the vaccum?Take it easy and i hope you continue to feel wonderful!!
Amber
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:30 AM
bored

I am right there with you. Iam 3 weeks tomorrow and going nuts SO I have vacummned washed floors, Did laundry. I have taking some long walks. I even got on the stationery bike for 5 to 10 minutes. I had TVH, no outside stitches etc. I feel like I should be "normal" I just get tired easily. Drove yesterday. I went tanning just to get out. I really want to go to work. I don't go to the doctors until next Thursday which is 4 weeks.I have a feeling that since I am a teacher he won't let me until at least 6 weeks. Hang in there!
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:51 AM
bored

ENJOY the time off from housework!! Go to the mall and walk around for some exercise, go to lunch with friends, rent movies...just don't vacuum and lift! How often in life do we actually have time for just ourselves?
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:59 AM
bored

me too!I got sooo bored the first two weeks. I have three teenage daughters who don't run off much and have been doing the housework, but they ARE teenagers, and the work just isnt up to MY standards! I have wood floors too and seeing the pet hair and dust bunnies has driven me about mad! I have only picked up the broom once.....bad me, but that swiffer seems to be easier on me if I use it lighly, enough to maintain my sanity. I'm almost 4weeks TVH, last night I asked my oldest DD to vacume my bedroom....guess I'm all milked out because she never did! So I did the deed, kinda sore today.... and I WAS begining to feel less fragile, guess I'll learn to be more patient.
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:43 AM
bored

i too have been vacuuming...and paying for it! I did one room yesterday and hurt today...and it's been 4 weeks today since my TVH! I go for a 4 week check up tomorrow and being a nurse...I'm not sure I can go back to work yet. So...more boredom to come! I hate it too but if we want to heal I guess we'd better try to pamper ourselves!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register