didn't pass pre-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

didn't pass pre-op didn't pass pre-op

Unread 03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
didn't pass pre-op

I am just going to do what they tell me--

Jeanettr who called with the rescheduled appt.?

It just throws everything back up into the air as far as my planning goes.

Maybe I should push for a stress test sooner than next tues. if I still want the surgery end of march. I for some reason don't want surgery in april. Maybe push for May. No on second thought my hyst. for prolapse that I have been trying to get scheduled for 2 3 months now..and 2 years prior to that.

This is like a bad dream. I can just see myself showing up at 6 AM on my surgery day and they telling me I can't have it or something it is like the joke is one me or something and I will have to be with this condition for the rest of my life.....I am just bent out of shape over this it opens the door to all kind of crazy thoughts..........

O well I am just going to do as they tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
didn't pass pre-op

I would see if they can get these additional tests scheduled sooner. I had a stress test a few years ago and it wasnt much of a big deal. I am now really glad that my doctor's nurse insist that I schedule my EKG and chest x-ray right away. And if there is an all clear on Tuesday I would think that you could keep your date for Friday. Call your doctors office and see if they can help move up the additional tests!
You are in my thoughts & prayers! Fight the good fight! Good luck!
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:12 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Well if it helps any, I actually had my EKG done while I was being prepped in the OR. They had forgotten to do one on my pre-op so they did it while they were hooking me up with IV's etc. Mine came back wierd and I heard them talking about not doing the surgery, then the next thing you know I'm being asked if I get winded on an eliptical when I work out and when I said "no" they said "okay she'll be fine! go ahead"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2006, 01:05 AM
didn't pass pre-op

Better safe than sorry. Trust me, you do not want to have a heart attack. I've been through that.

For me, they usually just take my history and if there is any question about my heart they call my cardiologist. As luck would have it I will be seeing him next week so I will tell him about the surgery as well so maybe he can inform my gyn about my heart health.
Unread 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Update------I did some research and all who posted prior are right!! What I am having done is pretty standard procedure. Also jeanettr-the ekg on women is often false positive or not acurate.

I called the cardiology dept. and expressed my concerns about the turn around time for the test results and my surgery scheduled just 3 days later////// They were very nice and let me know that results would be submitted the next day as part of my pre-op. The doctors office has not called so I feel the surgery will go as scheduled..............

BTW I walked 20 mins on my hubbys nordic track yesterday and today second level. Did not break a sweat. I hope and pray all goes well next tues. for the Neclear Stress Tests--Adenosine. Don't like the thought of having radio active material injected into my veins.

I'll keep my sisters here posted--thanks again for your knowledge and wisdom all!! for me to ace these test's to clear the way for the surgery on the 31st.
My last hurdle--of course I won't beleive I really am having this procedure until I am rolled into the operating room and/or in recovery.
Unread 03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Keeping for you.
S
Unread 03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Hi Midwestcare,

Talk about stress! I know it was hard for you to be told you had yet another test to take. It's good that all the wonderful ladies reassured you that it is normal. Sounds like all that you have to do is take the test in cardiology - they'll shoot the results over and you'll be good to go. If you can do 20 minutes on the treadmill without breaking a sweat then I'm confident you'll be fine. They have to make sure that they are covered legally if they test a patient who shows problems. If they go ahead with surgery they are being negligent. By sending you on to cardilogy (where I'm sure you will pass) they are doing their job correctly AND protecting you from possible harm.

I'm crossing my fingers for you. You'll be in my prayers!
Unread 03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
didn't pass pre-op

I was told by the cardiolgist that EKG on women often give a false positive. I did the stress and echo and found nothing wrong. The gp said my EKG looked like one that a person would have if they had a heart attack. Cardiolgist cleared me for surgery. I made an appointment with the gyn told her I had been cleared and she scheduled the TAH/BSO.
Unread 03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Midwest, sounds like things are looking up, I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hope that it all comes out smoothly from here on. I am not sorry that they are making you go through additional tests...better safe than sorry. I do hate that you are having to worry over this. Hang in there!
Betts
Unread 03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
didn't pass pre-op

Midwestcare-
The exact same thing happened to me and I had the same tests you are having. The cardiologist got the test results in 24 hours. My heart is perfectly healthy. Good luck to you! The most unpleasant part of the test is that you have to fast before the nuclear scan. I was starving by the time I was allowed to eat!!! Otherwise it's all painless. I wouldn't think this would hold up your surgery. In my case it did because my pre-op was only 2 days before my surgery and they couldn't get the cardiology work up scheduled quickly enough, but it sounds like you have the time to get everything resolved. All the best-
Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register