Increased pain and other ?'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increased pain and other ?'s Increased pain and other ?'s

Unread 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Increased pain and other ?'s

Hi ladies,

I have a few maybe silly questions.

I have noticed that today and yesterday my pain level has increased. I had not been using any pain meds since Sunday, but needed motrin and may need the darvocet soon. The strange thing to me is that it is a very low crampy pain.

With this I am having light bleeding, it is red to an orange-red. There is an odor to it that I would say is not foul, but not pleasant either. It doesn't smell like regular period blood. I am also having afternoon low-grade temps of about 99.3, my normal temp is usually around 97.6 so I feel these little raises probably more than most would.

I am not freaked out over any of this, just kinda wondering if it is normal. My dr.'s office is not the greatest about your "just wondering" type questions.
So if I can pick your brains first, all the better!

Betts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 05:30 PM

I would call DR -- could be an infection brewing. I had the "smell", but no bleeding - wound up being a bacteria infection and then got the UTI along with it -- meds helped --
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:20 PM

Betts,

I'd call the doc soon if I were you. Its best to find out its nothing then to wait and get a raging infection or something which would make your recovery longer. I think its best to be safe then sorry so to speak.
Good luck sweetie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM

I had that too..dr. didn't call me back for a week, by then the bleeding stopped. Hopefully you are alright. Take care
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:14 PM

I never had any of those problems after my op. so i would say that is not normal. if i were you i would find another doc that is more concerned about your health it doesnt sound like its normal. good luck and lots of take care and gets some rest make sure your not doing more then what you should be!!
Cherish
Unread 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM

I too had an odor after surgery no bleeding or even spotting though . I was having issues urinating though and found out that I had a raging UTI and was given antibiotics for it. The odor disappeared within 48 hours.
Unread 03-22-2006, 06:02 AM

Hi ladies,

I went to bed last night and figured everything would calm down, or I would know I needed to call in the morning. Well, I woke up with a lot of blood (this really sick looking black brown color) and pain. I have called dh to come and take me. He is an hour away, I don't care what the dr. might say at the moment I KNOW something is not right now!
I will update you all when I can. Thanks for all the advice. I think my gut feelings were being overriden by my overwhelming feelings of not wanting to have anything else go wrong. (For those of you that don't know, I have had a lot of things go wrong with my health since last April)
Betts
Unread 03-22-2006, 12:03 PM

I am back home and very irritated. I called the dr. this morning, the answering service said that the midwife was on call and would call me back. I waited two hours, no call. I called the office and explained what was going on, they said that my dr. was in surgery so I would need to go to the ER. My dh came home (1 hour away) from work, took me to the ER. By the time I got there I was in severe pain. The dr. there gave me a shot of Torodol and called my dr. to see what he wanted them to do. The midwife told them that they should not do anything and that my dr. would see me tommorrow at 1 pm. It was 11 am at that time.

I am so mad that I don't even want to go there tommorrow. I am feeling a little better with the pain shot still, but still in a lot of pain.
The pain I am having is very low, right above my pubic bone, it is crampy and the top of my thighs hurt too. Then I will have sharp shooting pains along with it. The bleeding is bright red, and has slowed a bit to a light flow.

I am just so mad that I had to go on a wild goose chase today, it seems so unnecessary. Couldn't they have told me to come in tommorrow on the phone from my house...why the ****did I have to go to the ER if they didn't want them to do anything.

Sorry, I am feeling very, very irritated right now.

Betts
Unread 03-22-2006, 01:02 PM

Betts
i am so very sorry you are going through this. Do you have another Dr you can call. Like maybe your GP Sometimes dr can be so rude.
HUGS kim
Unread 03-22-2006, 01:11 PM

hey betts, sorry to hear that I hope you are feeling better and getting some answers. i still say you need to find another dr to worry about your health and not the money cause it dont sound like he/she cares to much.
lots of hugs for you
cherish

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register