Granulation and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation and pain Granulation and pain

Unread 03-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Granulation and pain

Hi ladies,

Please help. I have sufferred severely for 10 years with CONSTANT vulvar burning. In a last hope effort to fix the problem I had a hysterectomy. It didn't stop the 24/7 pain. This pain is all on the outside vulvar skin.

After the hysterectomy I had major bladder problems, hip pain, sacral pain, low back pain. PT has helped some of this.

BUT NOW A NEW PROBLEM!

We rarely have sex due to the vulvar pain but we did in Dec. ( Hyst in May) and I bled. There was also a sharp spasm like pain on my right side, alongside the vagina. We had sex about 3 more times since then and I also bled and had the spasm. So I saw the doc and he said it was granulation and he put silver nitrate on it. AS soon as he touched the granulation on the center of the cuff the right side spasmed. I went for a secopnd treatment and the same thing happened. He said that the spasm on the right is no where near the center of the cuff that he touched. All I know is that it referred pain to the right.

Please help me. I have spent over $800K in treatments to cure the vulvar pain with no luck and now I feel doomed because even if my dream comes true that I will some day get better, I couldn't have sex again anyway because of this new problem.

My doc is clueless and doesn't want to investigate. That makes me very angry. I feel like he thinks I am damaged goods anyway so why even eorry about this new problem. I begged for an ultrasound and he will do one - but he said it has to be vaginal which scare me b/c it will hit the cuff.

ANy advice? I am desperate.

Love,
Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Granulation and pain

(((Sandi))) you need to get a second opinion from a fresh set of eyes... and maybe a third, too. You deserve better than to have a DR who doesn't really feel motivated to help you.

I am wondering if it's possible you have something more than granulation going on... either a fallopian tube prolapse, or some type of nerve damage in the vaginal area? Though that wouldn't explain the years of vulvar pain prior to the hysterectomy.

About the burning... did your DR ever consider that you might have lichen sclerosis (or sclerosus)?:

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/lichen/lichen.htm

We have had a few members who've had that, and the vulvar burning was the main symptom they've reported. You could do a search on this site for posts using "lichen" and come up with some threads to read about it.

Another possibility is vulvodynia...this is a bit of a catch all diagnosis, but still, worth considering. Here are a few links with more info:

http://www.nva.org/about_vulvodynia/...ulvodynia.html

http://www.vulvodynia.com/faq.htm#**...ESTIBULITIS?**

http://www.vulvodyniasupport.com/

I would encourage you to seek out a DR who is a more caring, interested partner in your long term health care. One way I've found that works is to ask the nurses at your local hospital who they would recommend. They are usually more than happy to share!

I hope this helps.
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register