Its really going to happen isnt it - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its really going to happen isnt it Its really going to happen isnt it

Unread 03-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Feeling left out...

I don't have a pre-op appt. What's up with that? I have to get some blood work done and it can't be more than 7 to 10 days prior to my surgery date. Other than that, my doc is like "See ya on April 5th!" Ya know, it's weird. I have some of the same feelings I did when I was nine months pregnant, except I'm going to go "deliver" my uterus! THank goodness! I'm so done with it!!!! So back to the pre-op....what did they do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Its really going to happen isnt it

I'm having surgery on april 10th, I have pre-op blood work, chest x-ray, and ekg-1 week before surgery. A lot of the pre-op depends on your age, only us older people have to have a chest x-ray!! I'm trying to get spring cleaning in, time's going too quickly!!!
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:11 PM

I wish you all peace and plenty of time to do what you need to do before surgery. I remember what it was like to prepare for this.
It does go by more quickly than you think.

Blessings to you all for an excellent outcome.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 07:00 AM

I have done my pre-op and pre-admit already. I have to go on Sunday 4/2 to the hospital for one more blood test. They say it has to be done with in 72 hours of surgery and since my surgery is on Monday I can't do it anyother time. Hope I get a different tech. I told the one the other day they have problems drawing blood and where they get the best results. She said that's ok I see a vein here I can use. After several tries, she said sorry, I guess I should have listened to you and took the blood where I told her in the first place.

Jeanett
Unread 03-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Morning Ladies:
I just returned from my hospital pre op. I had done a "registration" over the phone earlier in the week, where they go over the financials, since I have paid all of my out of pocket expenses, this surgery will not cost me any money, at least, it shouldn't...but you never know.

Today, they went back over my medical history, and took my bp, temp and blood.

I did discuss with the nurse my idea of taking my bowel prep early in the day on the day before surgery and then hydrating like crazy till midnight, she said it was a "stellar idea". When I went in for my LAP I didn't do the bowel prep till 6pm (as directed) and I was so dehydrated, they had to try three times to get my IV in, I don't want to live through that again. Evidently the bowel prep causes serious dehydration, and if you don't have time to hydrate, your veins will be hard to find, or hard to stick.

Thats my report...ten days to go....

T
Unread 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM

I did my bowel prep when I got to the hospital a couple of hours before surgery. Tanque- you have been waiting way too long... You were waiting when I joined and I am already 4 weeks post-op. I couldn't stand the lat 10 days- they seemed to take forever. The last few days at work went fast with all the last minute planning for who was doing what while I am gone and trying to do as much in advance as I could. Don't worry about the house...it will always be there...as well as all the fluffies! I just let them lie! Don't forget your chapstick at the castle! That was the best item to take! I was up the next day walking the halls -standing upright- every time I had to pee. That gets things moving and makes you feel better. You are all in my prayers!
Unread 03-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Waiting and waiting and waiting. You nailed it Arbucklian...I got my first surgery date January 9th, for Feb. 21, then got a new date for 3/15 and finally this date, 4/3 seems to be the one. No more insurance delays, no more tests, this is just getting it done. I'm beyond ready and I don't think I'm going to sweat the Little stuff.

Hugs to all...may the weekend last as long as you need it to, and the week go quickly so we can get this over with.

T
Unread 03-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Tamque ~
I didn't realize you'd been waiting so long! Bless your . Darn insurance companies anyway! Glad things are really going ahead for you this time. S
Unread 03-24-2006, 12:57 PM

thanks Shutterbug. It's all good now. I have only 10 more days to wait.
Unread 03-24-2006, 03:51 PM

My surgery is Monday and I feel like going into hibernation. I can't focus on much else. I'll be glad when it's over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register