Its really going to happen isnt it - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its really going to happen isnt it Its really going to happen isnt it

Unread 03-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Its really going to happen isnt it

Well Resah, enjoy your weekend, and I pray that your surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is uneventful.

Are you getting any pre surgery pampering done?

Hugs T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 04:31 PM

Nails and toes tomorrow. Wanted to go today but I was just not feeling up to it. Having alot of problems with constipation. Drink water all day but I feel like there's something blocking it. I worry the fibroids have messed with my bowels somehow.
Unread 03-24-2006, 04:34 PM

I have solar nails, and was told today at hospital they are fine as long as there is no color...

I hope you find some relief, I have been eating a few dried apricots each day to keep things flowing smoothly.

Enjoy your weekend, and I'll burn a candle for you Sunday evening.
hugs, T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 08:05 PM

I have some of the same feelings I did when I was nine months pregnant, except I'm going to go "deliver" my uterus!

Pardon me for laughing but I just couldn't help it. This is the first "sane" day I have had all week. If the anxiety keeps up I will have to call doc next week. Wait until I tell them "I feel like I am going to deliver a uterus"!!!!!!!
Unread 03-25-2006, 06:04 AM

I am so happy for you, Tam! Good luck to you! I have had most of my pre-op done, I cant do the blood part til after April 9th. Now it is just getting things in order so that the men here wont starve - he he -my DH just started a business so the timing isnt ideal since he works very long hours but I am not sweating it. My DS (12) can be very self sufficient and the "boys" like to tease me about how I will be cooking, cleaning, etc the day I come home - but I know it is just teasing. They have been "negoatating" who is going to do what - what a hoot!
I have been up for hours and I have the house to myself - DH is working (nothing new their) DS is at his dads, and DD will be here later today after she is done babysitting her newphew (my dear grandson) so it is time to put some moving music on and get to work. I did a vast majority of the heavy cleaning a few weeks back, just a few little projects to get done and oh yea, get ready for my girls weekend!
I hope the next few days fly by for you T! And If I wind up with the insurance problems that you have had, I think I will be "borrowing" some of your previous posts
Have a great day!
Unread 03-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Well, sisters, I decided to wait until August to have my TAH done. I want to give more time to my alternative treatment before I do such major surgery. The best to you all who are going in on the 4th for your surgery. I'll be thinking about you.
Bonnie
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:09 PM

Bonnie, I truly hope the alternatives work for you. It is nice when they do, then you feel like you have some options.

Good luck, and keep us informed.

T
Unread 03-28-2006, 05:18 PM

Glad you saw my humor in that. I've been reading about all the "stuff" people are doing before their surgery and I'm not sure if I should feel good that things seem relatively simple (ie: insurance, pre-op prep)or anxious that maybe I'm missing something. Here's something funny that I did have to do upon request of my doctor before surgery....I had to go and watch an interactive CD tellling me about my surgery. It started off by explaining the function of the uterus and why I get periods each month! (Like I'm in 5th grade getting the "girl" talk!)Then, the doctor on the CD (who wasn't really a doctor, but an actor playing a doctor--I know this because they said so at the end of the program!) proceeded to inform me that by taking out my uterus I will... (A)Not have any more periods and (B)Not have anymore children! At this point, I'm thinking, "Good Lord! How many people have watched this CD right before their surgery and didn't already have these facts down?" It was all I could do to not stand up and shout HALLELUYAH! when the doctor said,in a rather serious,concerned tone, "You need to know that by removing your uterus, you will no longer have monthly periods." Then, the CD proceeded from insulting my intelligence to reminding me of all the complications that can arise from this surgery! I have finally gotten my anxiety level down to a manageable level, and now I am being made to listen, in great detail, all things that could go wrong during and after the surgery!!!! Are you kidding me??? Are you going to give me some xanax now after making me watch this thing? Can you start the anethesia now??? Oh yeah, wait a minute, on second thought, don't give me the anethesia, because you just reminded me (in your "I'm a serious actor voice"), that I could have a terrible reaction and DIE from anethesia!!! Now, I know the info. is basically given out for "CYA" purposes, the doctor's that is, however, it was like the doctor went from telling me the moronic directions on "How to toast a pop tart" to "Oh, by the way, by toasting the pop tart, these are all the things that could happen if you toast the pop tart: (A)Burn your mouth, (B)Choke to death, or, in rare instances, (C)Burn your house down and leave you homeless for the rest of your life." Honestly, I really like my doctor and think very highly of him, but I will be sure to tell him that his choices in videos are definitely lacking!!!
Sorry if I have taken advantage of your good graces to read this lengthy reply. It just feels good to vent, laugh and to know others are hanging in right there with ya! Oh, to top things off, I will be expecting Aunt Flo just in time for my surgery! Yipee! Apparently, as I have read in other posts, she always tries to sneak in one more visit before "closing shop". How nice.
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:40 PM

Well I don't know for sure if this is 'it' for me. I'm scheduled for Mon 3 Apr, but that depends on the bloods done this fri. I've been canc twice already feb 01 and feb27 so am really scared to cry "WOLF". I'm packed (well I didn't unpack after the last canc....)but have to wait out and see if my body has had lots of platelets babies this week. My levels were in range a fortnight ago, then plummeted last week, so hoping that they are up again this week. Who can guess??? I've been getting weekly bloods for nearly 3 months now and there is no pattern at all - other than they go up, then they go down..... AGH!

Reading through all of your posts I am so thankful for the Australian medicare system and that I don't have those worries as well. At least my hospital has kept all of my paperwork from the other non-events - so I don't have more of that to look forward to.

So now I need to wait...... and with a bit of luck my bloods are good and I can really start to get ready!

Ros

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register