Has Pre-Op appt today, Possible THREE day hospital stay? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has Pre-Op appt today, Possible THREE day hospital stay? Has Pre-Op appt today, Possible THREE day hospital stay?

Unread 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Has Pre-Op appt today, Possible THREE day hospital stay?

Hi Sisters,
Just came back from my pre-op for a lap tomorrow to hopefully get rid of these painful adhesions. Was originally told I would be home that night. Now, the doctor said I should plan to be in the hospital until monday!! He said with the amount of adhesions he can "feel" right through my skin (I am small) he will try to get them with a lap, but he also believes I have a hernia, and he is not comfortable removing that. He said if he could safely wrap it in mesh he will, or else he will call in another surgeon and I will be opened up for it's removal, then I will have to stay in the hospital three nights! I was only there two for the hyst. To think, all these problems started with a simple ovarian cyst that led to a TAH/BSO, now this! I am a nervous wreck over all this, would love to just cancel everything, but last night I hurt so bad it felt like someone took a baseball bat to my incision area, and my surgery was almost 3 years ago, so I know it's not going to get better on its own. At least this is a different surgeon, a different hospital, and I have confidence in this man. Just pray that this is it, and I finally feel better. Thanks for "listening".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 10:20 AM

whatsnormal,
I hope all goes/went well - let us know how you are doing. Hugs.
Unread 03-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Hi Whatsnormal, best wishes with that procedure...perhaps the stay will help more than you can imagine....I am curious though about the "hernia" part....I am still confused what constitutes a hernia and a rectocele....I thought they were one in the same...I was told I have a rectocele, which is a hernia....also, do you know anything about the mesh they use....I am supposed to have this as well...and like you, I am scared too......of it all, but would love to be in a better place pain wise...all my pain by the way is in the tailbone/sacrum area....pulling....I am not sure if I have any adhesions at all, but am having a lap scheduled for 6/11...that is, if I don't chicken out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM

Hi Whatsnormal! I hope all went well with your surgery and you get the answers and the relief you have been searching for. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything went when you are up to it. For now resting and healing is your job!!
Michelle
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:17 PM

Hi
I went in for my lap for adhesions last tuesday at 12 and was back by seven . i was told that this was all the time it would take to remove them but
The doctor said the adhesions were on my abdomen and i would need a different operation to remove them as they were too big for keyhole surgery.
Where are your adhesions/
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:55 AM
hi

Hi Sister,
Well, the doctor called yesterday (imagine that, I am just used to doctor's who don't care!) And he told me I was a mess in there! My adhesions were everywhere. The vaginal cuff was stuck to my bladder, and both large & small bowels were stuck together and also stuck to my bladder. I am still very sore, and have some large bruises, especially over the bladder area. Still am very scared, as the "original" pain, left side by bladder is still there, although not as strong. Now he told me I did a lot of bleeding there, as that was where alot of things that shouldn't be stuck were, and that is were the major bruise is. He thinks I will feel much better once I have healed. Keep telling myself that if the outside is that bruised, of course I'm still going to hurt in the inside!!!! But, as you are all well aware, we have been through so much, and want to feel "normal" again!!!! Just an update. I am also running out of pain pills, as I was only given 30 and there is no way I can drive the 35 miles away this doctor is for another script. Do you think they would mail one??? Also wich the bowels would kick in, haven't moved them since bowel prep!
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:43 AM

you poor thing. Have the doctor told you what they intend to do to help you.
Can you take a laxative to help with the Bowel problem. helped me out after the Hyst.
Keep smiling and take some time out to relax.
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:45 AM

you poor thing. Has the doctor told you what they intend to do to help you.
Can you take a laxative to help with the Bowel problem. helped me out after the Hyst in no time
Keep smiling and take some time out to relax.
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:23 PM

Hi - Have you tried senna tea for constipation? You can buy it at health food stores and it works wonders!

Can your doctor call in a prescription to the pharmacy so you don't have to make the trip? Don't know about your state, but I know they can in California. I hope you are feeling better soon and permanantly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register