I freaked over THIS? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I freaked over THIS? I freaked over THIS?

Unread 03-26-2006, 08:41 AM
I freaked over THIS?

Not to burst any bubbles, but as we found out in several other threads on post-op, some of you with TAH or SAH may not be able to turn on to either side for a couple of weeks. So don't count on PFP. I was one of those. Something I found that helped instead, was to gently push tummy side to side very slowly. Hold it as long as you can on each side. Walking helps too. But the first day or two, you may not be up for enough walking to releave the gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I freaked over THIS?

Nellienel,
Your post was just what I needed today too. The information(including the farting thing)is much appreciated. Thanks for your post.

Last night was filled with tears, sleep loss, hot flashes, and fear. I appreciate the sincerity here.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I freaked over THIS?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Those of us who are still "ladies in waiting", learn from what all the princess's say they did. Wisdom, knowledge and all of that helps us prepare for our journey.

My uterus is a pirate, the fibroids are the parasites, and I am going to have my dr. and the OP staff "fight" them on April 3rd. So that I can be the boss of my body from then on.

Hugs to all the sisters
T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I freaked over THIS?

I am so glad many of you found this thread helpful. Like you said Tamque, I too got strength and knowledge from those Sisters that posted their experiences - good and bad. Knowledge is power but boy, too much time to think about things can bring nightmares! Again, this is the place that kept me sane. It was the one place I found I could vent and not be patronized or thought of as being silly. The fears are real, the anxiety debillitating, but those Hystersisters that have gone on to the Other Side have been through it too, and it is their stories that gave me strength and focus.

Tomorrow will be one week postop for me and I really feel good. The pain is minimal - menstrual cramps were worse than what I feel at this point. The nurses and doctors told me pain will slow the healing process, so do not let it get the upper hand. Take the pain meds, rest and heal. Eat the right foods and nap when your body tells you to. Recovery isn't forever and you only get one chance to do it right.

Here's a good analogy from my Dad: Think of your life as a ruler. This operation is but a fraction of an inch, a mere blip in time, out of the total span of your life. Not bad from a guy who has never had a hysterectomy.
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
I freaked over THIS?

Thanks for a wonderful post! Glad to hear you are home & on the mend!

Hugs,

Tum-e-trouble
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Still freaked, but happier...

I am new here as of today. Reading your story makes me feel so much better! It is the type of thing I hope to be able to tell when I am finally done with this.

I have several fibroid tumors - the largest two are like oranges, the smaller ones like golf balls (go figure, a doctor referring to golf balls as a descriptive aid).

I am currently on Lupron - HATE IT. Hot flashes, irritability, severe headaches and ACNE. Acne like nobody's business. I also had heavy bleeding from December 14 until about March 13 or so, tapered off to mostly spotting.

Now my bigger concerns are time away from work and school (I guess I should expect acne, being back in college) and not having my dog and cat with me for whatever amount of time I spend in the hospital.

Anyway - thanks for your uplifting and humorous message. It truly lifts my spirits.
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I freaked over THIS?

nrlois!

Oh, keep coming here during all your preop days. I don't know what I would have done without this site. My emotions ran the gamut - crying, anxiety, excited (yes, excited to think a new life was ahead), fear, etc. I don't have to tell you. I asked every question I could think of here. I let out all my frustrations here and the Sisters ALWAYS came through with advice and encouragement, and I ALWAYS felt better as a result. I would read questions on here that I was too embarrassed to ask and learned there was nothing to be embarrassed about - we were all going through the same fears.

Hang in there and bookmark this site. Everyone here is wonderful!
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks and thanks again

Yes, I plan to stop by here often. Thank you for your encouragement. Truly, my most pressing concern is my pets - my dog mostly, my cat will enjoy having the house to herself.

I feel very fortunate to have a dr who is patient with my question-asking, but I typically think of three things to ask after I see him. Well-intentioned friends are always asking me, "Have you called your doctor?" I have very little time and practically NO patience for the merry-go-round that is calling my doctor. I prefer to wait for my next appointment. I absolutely hate that I have to wait until the dr sees the results of my April 21 ultrasound before scheduling my surgery for May 2. Not very patient, am I.

Thanks again for your encouragement and I'll keep nosing around here. Lots of questions to come...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register