happiest thought about this - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

happiest thought about this happiest thought about this

Unread 03-26-2006, 11:05 PM
happiest thought about this

I know what you mean. My son took my pickup one night he opened the glovee and all his buddys saw my supply. Boy did I get a ear full from him. He was just a little surprised. Now he knows their there and won't open it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 01:13 AM

I have a couple of happy thoughts:

*no more ovaries spitting out estrogen (I had estrogen positive breast cancer)
*no more worry that the medications I'm taking to keep the breast cancer cells at bay will cause my body to decide to develop uterine or endometrial cancer
*not having to get annual or semi-annual sonograms or endometrial biopsies to make sure things are okay in there
*not worrying about that dang fibroid that I didn't think I had
*permanently evicting "Fred" (what I call my period)!!!!

By the way, I once reached in my purse to get a pen to write a check and pulled out a tampon instead. Stood there tapping the thing on the counter until I happened to look down and see what I had. Talk about embarrassing!
Unread 03-27-2006, 01:25 AM

Oh, I forgot about the stash I keep in my desk at school! I used to be able to predict almost to the minute when "Fred" would make an appearance, but over the last four or five years, "Fred" has taken to not showing up for two or three months and then showing up unexpectedly. I once had to call DH and have him bring me some supplies to school when "Fred" surprised me a week early. For awhile there, I was using the OB "purple box" tampons. I don't think they're super plus; they're something like ULTRA super plus. And, yes, I'd have to wear a pad with them too. They stopped making those in the kind with the applicators, and I refuse to use the applicatorless ones. Eeewwww. DH called them my "super soakers."

Three years ago, I thought I was entering menopause because I went about 3 months with no period. I was carrying pantyliners in my purse for "just in case." We went on vacation to Colorado and were having a lovely time. We'd been there almost a week when I started having some cramping. I thought, "Oh, no." Sure enough. "Fred" decided to join us on vacation. We were camping at a KOA and I was doing laundry that evening. I duck-walked back to the campsite and told DH that we needed to make a Wal-Mart run NOW. Thank goodness there was a 24-hour supercenter a few miles away.

I had chemo this past fall for breast cancer, and "Fred" hasn't been around since August. I just have this feeling, though, that he's not gone for good unless I remove his "sleeping quarters."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks!

It helps to remind myself WHY I am doing this. Some "accommodations" I have been making for years and I forget how freeing it will feel when I don't have to use energy to think about it!

I will be glad when:

- I can let my kids jump on my belly and not cringe
- I can travel without worrying about carrying spare matching pants in my travel bag and underwear in my laptop case (I firmly believe the reason I am not searched by airport security is because all they can see on the Xrays is plugs and pads! Maybe I will save some just to use for that purpose!)
- I can plan paddling/camping trips and know I won't have to cancel at the last minute due to flooding
- I can QUIT dreaming about becoming a shareholder in Tampax, Always, and Charmin!
- I can sleep through the night without waking every hour for a run to the 'changing station'
- I can regain my lap for my youngest dd to sit on (that huge uterus make it hard for her to get a place to sit)
- I can sleep on my stomach!! That hard ball in there that's been uncomfortable for years will be gone!
- I can shower with my little daughters and not worry about explaining the 'red water' (sorry TMI)
- I can get less than 12 hours of sleep at night and feel refreshed! No more exhaustion when I stay up until 10pm to watch a movie.
- I can have grown up time with dh after kids go to bed!

-k.
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:44 AM

I just can't wait to feel OKAY! To have energy, have sex with hubby without pain and him worrying about hurting me, no planning my life around periods and pain and on and on and on! Maybe no more migraines.....please, please, please!
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:47 AM

The happiest thing about this?
* no more constant pain
* no more periods
* no more feeling exhausted and wore out
* my belly will finally be NORMAL again

A chance to enjoy life, without the worry of bleeding, or pain, or any of the other stuff that follows me like a cloud...

T
Unread 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM

No more worrying about all the pains and cramps and ER docs telling me that "some women get cramps now and then...it's normal"
No more vacations where I have to pack for myself, hubby, the kids, and that 1 extra bag(just in case)
No more pulling out my cheque book and picking 2 or 3 pads off the floor that had slipped out.
No more worrying that I have some kind of cancer in my bowels(pain was from ovarian cysts that didn't show on u/s, and adhesions)
Energy,energy, and please......energy.
Oh boy could I go on!!!!!
Kimberley
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM

I look forward not having to scout out the nearest bathroom every time I'm out of the house
Not having to buy boat loads of supplies every month
Not having the life sucked out of me every day, looking forward to being me again. Like I was 5 years ago
Can It really be true?
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:44 PM

Thanks everyone for responding. It is great to think of the positives.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register