10 weekers how are you doing????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weekers how are you doing????? 10 weekers how are you doing?????

Unread 03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
10 weekers how are you doing?????

Just wondering how you 10 weekers are feeling? I am getting my energy back, but still have swelly belly and some tenderness in the belly some days. Am getting frustrated with this belly thing. I sit all day and maybe that uses too many stomach muscles? Just want to feel normal again........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 09:45 PM

i had my surgery the same day you did and im feeling pretty good i still watch lifting anything heavy and get a few pains here and there but im doing most of the things i usually do i do notice that i get tired more often than before surgery i use to have endless energy and now i dont but hopefully in time i wont get so tired out by the end of the day as for the belly i wish it would not look so big at times with exercise it will get back into shape hopefully take care
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:31 AM

Hi, have either of you had sharp little twinges right along the lower bikini lines on either side, maybe where ligiments were cut? I am just guessing on that.
I had been feeling pretty good last week, but this week I feel like I have taken a few steps backwards. Is this typical?

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2006, 08:02 AM

i feel sad some days because i don't have that get up and go feeling like before. i can't seem to sit for long periods of time.
my stomach feels numb on the right side. is that normal?

roxi
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:24 AM

I had my hyst on Jan 16 2006. I had a TVA and Im feeling just about back to "normal" I still get tired if I work a long shift at work. Im a waitress and after being on my feet for 8 hours Im exhausted and it takes me a few days to get back to normal. I went back to work after 2 weeks and it was kinda too early, but I took it easy and it worked out for me. I`m not the kind of person to sit still for too long. I`m just happy to not be bleeding anymore!
Take care!
Jules
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:32 PM

to jiller i do occasionally get little pains on my sides right and left i think if i lift something a little heavy or when im vaccumming i feel it we are still healing inside so i hope this is normal to me theese little pains are the red flag ,stop back off a little, take it easy we feel pretty good at this time but im sure there is still more healing going on inside some ladies say it takes a full year to get the tone and strenght back we had before and having had a surgery ten years ago i agree with that hope your feeling good today
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:47 PM

It will be 11 weeks for me on Friday! I went back to work on Monday this week and am feeling fatigued by the end of the day. I am back to my normal workout routine, 5 days a week. I am able to walk, run, lift weights etc. without any pain. I don't have swelly belly anymore, that stopped about the 4th week after surgery. I am feeling so well! I still do the wipe and check every time I go to the washroom. I wonder when that habit will stop?!! LOL Sex is great, my body feels wonderful and my incision is such a fine, pink line that is hardly noticeable. I do have to go for an ultra sound next week and the following week an IVP xray at the urologists. They just want to make sure everything is mended in there and not scarring up. I am so very happy that I had this surgery, even though I had some complications and a rough start to healing. No regrets here.

Mar
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:28 PM

i am "fortunate" to have had 2 abdominal surgeries 25 years ago....well it was clear when i was 30 and more so now that i am 56 that it takes a full 6 months to recover and really the year to feel back to normal...so heal yourself and take it eazy...good luck
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:34 PM

I am feeling pretty good. Only problem is I am having trouble sleeping at nite. Kept ovaries so doc thinks due to stress of going back to work after traumatic surgery. Taking Tylenol pm but it doesn't always work. I get swelly belly after exercise. Getting back into the exercise routine, but nervous about doing ab work. I have pretty good energy and feeling so thankful that this is behind me. Still can't believe that the pain is gone and won't come back.
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:34 PM

I made 11 wks yesterday. Back to waitress work, part-time, for 2 wks now. I'm able to do most things. Still feel bruising type pain, pinching on my right side ( where my lonely right ovary remains). Still very tender at the incision. Also, still getting an occasional twisting knife stab if I do something "just the wrong way" I still get the swelly belly after work, putting ice packs on my belly really helps. I'm not anywhere near 100%, but looking forward to it! It gets better every week. Happy 10 wks!
Aloha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register