Adenomyosis - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Adenomyosis

This is a really interesting thread, thank you all for your replies.

I can relate to everything you all say, and I have also read that small fibroids can be mistakenly diagnosed when you have adeno. My fibroid is only 2cm and is causing so much grief for such a small thing. Doesn't figure when I've had 2 easy full-term pregnancies that such a small thing would create such chaos, but I understand it also depends on where it is located.

I don't understand the term "boggy" in relation to a uterus...well, I do, but I wouldn't know how to tell if it were. I just know it's there, it hurts and it's bigger than it should be. Oh well, roll on April 25 when all will be revealed...quite literally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Adenomyosis

I can't believe it...everything I have read in this thread describes the last 15 years of my life! I had an MRI when the dr suspected adeno, but she stated that, although it was inconclusive, she is convinced that this is what has been the problem all along. I have to admit, as my dates(s!) have got nearer, I've been doubting myself, wondering if this is normal and I have (as drs have said in the past) 'a low pain threshold'...but reading through these posts over and over has made me feel much more positive again! The brown gunk, the cramp, clots, pain...the pain after intercourse is something that has never been attributed to the adeno, so that has been a revelation! I'll tell dh tonight..he apologises for about 3 days after his 'lucky night'! Thank you all
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Adenomyosis

Hey Brisa..you bring up an interesting point for me. I don't find having intercourse painful (a little uncomfortable at times, yes, but not painful), but I do find sometime later (usually the next day) it is very painful and sore in my uterus for several days. In fact, I am noticing if we don't have penetrative sex it still hurts the next day...seems to be triggered by orgasm, not sex itself. the more orgasms, the worse and longer the pain.

Can anyone else correlate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Adenomyosis

4andmore,

I think they never know for sure until a hyst., but my doc could tell something was up from an ultrasound and after my MRI they said "probable Adenomyosis" and gave measurements of the growths. At my lap ovarian surgery, my doctor said that my uterus was boggy...should have had it taken out then!

I am 42 years old. I wonder how long I've had this. Symptoms are progressively getting worse each month!
I'm trying to hold off until Nov/Dec. for my hysterectomy...hope I can wait that long!
I'm going to ask my doctor if there is anything they can do to hold me over until then. I go for my 2nd opinion appt tomorrow. I don't believe there are many other options for those of us with this.
Unread 03-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4andnomore
czardas, can I ask how you were "diagnosised?" Everything I have read says that only after the hyster can it be diagnosised. I have an appointment with my gyn tomorrow and I am almost sure that this is my problem. Hope I can convince him. Really need to get this "done" before we leave the states for four years the end of June.
Which country are you moving to 4andnomore?
Unread 03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Adenomyosis

I was "Diagnosed" with adenomyosis in December, I was 35. (now I am 36) After my surgery last week and the pathology report, it was confirmed. Hugs Raymo
Unread 03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Adenomyosis

Raymo...how did they "diagnose" your adeno in december? What were your symptoms?
Unread 03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Adenomyosis

Wow, I found myself nodding my head after reading each one of these posts! I started having very heavy bleeding (4 tampons and 3 pads in about an hour) in October and had a hysteroscopy which showed nothing, but was told I might have adenomyosis in the body of the uterus, and an ultrasound last month showed the possibility as well. The brown discharge (almost constantly, but especially during ovulation and some at the end of a period as well), the pain after intercourse (stabbing pain deep in the vagina; sometimes it takes my breath away), the extreme low back pain, labor-like pains...I don't know much about adenomyosis, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find it during my surgery. Oddly enough, after having periods about every 10-14 days that lasted about 7-9 days, I went 2 1/2 months without a period, and even had a pregnancy test before I scheduled the surgery (boy, would that have been ironic, or what?)! I finally got a period three days ago, and it's very light but I've got just as much pain as I had when I was flooding through my clothes. My doctor even tested my hormone levels to see if I was in early menopause (another irony!), but the levels were normal. Boy, I can't wait to get this darn thing out of me
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi! I had adeno. It wasn't until a few weeks before my hyst that I realized that I had been having symptoms for a year or more. I started having strange periods and irregular. One day I went to work and felt fine, about an hour later I felt something strange - went to the restroom and OMG I had blood everywhere and a huge bloodclot, though I wasn't still actively bleeding. Luckily, for some reason I had a spare set of clean slacks and panties in my car. No more bleeding the rest of the day and I felt fine. I figured this was the beginning of peri-menopause because of my age 48. Over the next year my periods were a bit irregular and fairly light but I had a lot more cramping than I usually had, especially on one side. Fast forward about a year, I started very light spotting on New Years Day, and by the end of a few weeks I was having a full period that never ended. Then I would bleed heavy for an hour and nothing for several hours. No more cramping, though. Lot's of clotting. This went on for several weeks with only a couple days of no bleeding until I had my surgery March 24, 2003.

Hyst was the best thing I ever did. I didn't realize how bad I had been feeling over a long period of time until the day after surgery and I felt so great!!

Anyway, from what I understand, they cannot actually diagnose adeno until the uterus is removed. Prior to that, they can only suspect adeno.
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie_w

Anyway, from what I understand, they cannot actually diagnose adeno until the uterus is removed. Prior to that, they can only suspect adeno.
This is my understanding as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register