Adenomyosis - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-31-2006, 03:21 AM
Adenomyosis

I had my dr. appointment yesterday, and he did say that he felt 100% sure that it was adnemyosis that we are dealing with. He also said to me, "If anyone tries to tell you to just treat this with hormones and it will go away, laugh in their face and call them an idiot." This is a new doctor because my first doctor left the practice last week which is why I couldn't get it scheduled with her. Sooo, he says, "I can't do it because I am leaving the practice the end of May and I am not doing anymore surgeries." (Boy, do I have great luck or what?) But, he did go out to the receptionists desk and had them fit me in with the next doctor in line for next Wednesday. My husband is about to scream from frustration, but I just think "Everything in its time, right?" It was "comforting" (???) to finally have someone say, Yes you have a problem, and no medicine won't help, and yes, you need the surgery. Have been battling this back and forth in my mind for several weeks now.

By the way, we are moving to a small town in Central Mexico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Adenomyosis

HI Lev,
the doctor said with the symptoms--low back pain--worse when laying down and during AF, the brown spotting after period, flooding, etc were all indicative of adeno. Then when he did my internal exam, my uterus was really "boggy" and enlarged. He said that to officially diagnose the adeno. we would have to wait for the hyst. And last week, it was confirmed through the pathology report.

starting to feel a little better now. The odd thing is I have a rash on my belly now. Not sure what that is??? Ugh! Hugs Raymo
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Adenomyosis

Isn't it comforting to feel like you are not alone? I was starting to think I was crazy, or that I had an infection in my uterus.. I now have pain EVERY DAY as if I am on my period, but I am not bleeding. I have cramping plus stabbing pains as if someone took a long hat pin and stuck it up through my vagina into my uterus. Graphic, but wanted to see if anyone else felt that way. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said no infection, you are just in pain and more reason to do this surgery. Advil doesn't seem to handle the stabbing pains, only the cramping. The rest of the symptoms are similar to what everyone else is saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Adenomyosis

Ispy - I know those pains well. Been having them for many years.
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Adenomyosis

By "boggy" they are usually describing a spongy texture. The uterus is usually soft, but not spongy feeling. The adeno will make it feel like that.
Unread 04-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board. I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis and was actually scheduled for surgery today, but I cancelled it to get a second opinion tomorrow. My diagnosis was made from an MRI. I also have an elevated CA-125 level. Did any of you have your CA-125
tested before surgery? My dr. seems to be getting nervous that I might have cancer, and he is making me very nervous.
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Adenomyosis

I too diagnosed with adeno I have been in pain for 2 years now. menstruation back pain intercourse pain.(thats also no fun). I got diagnosed with an MRI. I am a little confused though. I have hyster scheduled for june. I keep reading that most have had TAH. because of enlargement. My dr says I will have TVH. Oh well either way NO MORE PAIN. I am 29 years old. (not common in younger women I hear)
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Adenomyosis

I went in for a lap. for endo. and doc removed what endo he could. After lap. he told my dh that he suspected adno. because my uterus was boggy. I have all the symptoms long, heavy, gushy periods, with the brown stage. I also feel as if I'm constantly carring a brick in my lower half. I go in for a TVH on the 14th. By the way, I'm 29.
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi,

The CA125 can also be elevated because of endometriosis. A lot of women who have endo eventually develop adeno., so that could be what it is. I have both endo and adeno and have has elevated CA 125 levels, but no cancer. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
how I found out

Hi- I found out that I more than likely have adno. by going in for a lap. to remove endo. Doc removed what endo. he could, but informed dh and I that my uterus was boggy, and recommended a hyst. I have all the symptoms: long, heavy, clotty periods. Pain during and after intercourse. The brown blood. I can't wait until this "Thing" is out. I want a normal life again. I feel bad that I can't be as active as I would like to be with my family.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register