TVH vs TAH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Tvh

I had a tvh on 3/14/06 and my dr said he had to work for it. I had alot of scare tissue from my c section 19 years ago and also had cyst on my ovaries and fibroids. The healing is faster but it does give you a false sense of security. It looks like you are healed and on the way when there is still alot of healing to do on the inside that we dont see....

hope this helps.

lucyrue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 03:12 AM
TVH vs TAH

I'm having TVH, which is as explained to me performed if the patient has had two or more children delivered vaginally, no need for exploration of the surrounding tissue/organs, no cancer threat, and with no uterine swelling present. In my case he discovered I have quite a small uterus...he was actually shocked at the size...lol (gee may explain the horrid cramping huh?) However my mom had a TAH, because even though TVH was practiced at the time she had too much swelling to do hers that way.
Unread 03-30-2006, 04:04 AM
TVH vs TAH

I was not a good candidate for LAVH or TVH due to previous cancer concerns, adhesions, previous c-section. And to be perfectly honest, I would have objected to doing any of this through the vagina. Every time I've had a procedure done through it, recovery was too long for me, I'd end up with an infection, and I just plain don't like to hurt there, it is bad for my sex life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 05:32 AM
TVH vs TAH

As I understand it, it is only done abdominally when it can't be done vaginally. My Surgeon seemed to indicate that vaginally was always the first choice, where possible, as the surgery was easier and recovery time much quicker.
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:10 AM
TVH vs TAH

I am having a TAH because I also had 2 c-sections. He wants to remove any scar tissue's that might be in there also. I have been cut there before so he might as well use the same incision!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck!
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:18 AM
TVH vs TAH

Hi there, just curious about whether your doctor did anything with the existing adhesions from your previous csections. I have had two previous csections also and my doctor mentioned I have some scar tissue and I am wondering if that is the same thing and if when they cut there again, it removes the previous stuff.
thanks,
sweeper
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
TVH vs TAH

i am having tvh on april 10th too just wanted to wish you luck
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM
TVH vs TAH

Good luck to you too! Why did your doctor/and you go with the TVH versus the TAH? I will be thinking about you on the 10th God Bless you
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
TVH vs TAH

I am having a TAH because of adhesions from previous C sections. Dr said that my uterus is adhered to my bladder... I wanted to do the LSH....laproscopic supra cervical hyst, but can't for the same reason we can't do one vaginally...bummer.
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
TVH vs TAH

According to your profile your keeping your ovaries.....is that because you are only 41, or? Also, will your TAH include removing the cervix or keeping it and why? Thanks for sharing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register