7 weekers how are you doing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weekers how are you doing 7 weekers how are you doing

Unread 03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
7 weekers how are you doing

Hey 7 weekers, how are you doing? For the first time since surgery I am hopeful! My seroma on the incision is slowing down and healing. I am having to take silver nitrate treatments every three days.

I'm sleeping through the night, but am weak in the abdominal muscles, I had a TAH BSO. I have not been released but hope to be released 3 weeks from Monday. Haven't been released due to the gaping, leaking incision.

Do you feel that you are on the road to recovery or still having set backs.

Good Health to us all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 08:03 PM
7 weeks and doing great!

Hey bright eyes! Looks like we were very close in our surgery dates! I had laproscopic surgery.. complete hysterectomy. So I have not had to deal with all that incision mess! Sorry you are having some issues to deal with. Honestly, this is the first "good" week I have had. I went back to part time work at week 5 and basically over did it. So I backed off with week six.. .working full time but nothing at night...no ballgames, church, etc... And it truly paid off. I normally have 12 hour days before things calm down.. and I'm still not ready for that. But otherwise, I feel good. My energy level is good.. if I don't push it! I'm on 2 mg of estrace... hoping to look at HRT. Any suggestions?? I had my last post-op visit yesterday.. and doc says I healed very nicely and she gave me the green light to do whatever I want to do. I'm praying that things continue well for me. I will say sleeping is an issue.. however, I drink an herbal tea that helps.. and I have used Ambien on occasion. However, I don't want to use it regulary. I will say ... you do get a great night's rest with it.. however, I get the same with the tea! well, it's tea time... gotta get that rest! Shalom
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:29 PM
7 weeks and getting better

I'm seven weeks tomorrow and have seen the most improvement this week. I'm needing less sleep and have more energy during the day. I had my post-op visit yesterday and got cleared for everything. I have a very demanding boss so told him and doc that I'd start gradually - 2 days/week next week, then 3 days and 4 etc. Then I can sleep in when I need to and let swelly belly get better. I still have a small "shelf" over my incision that gets bigger as the day progresses but it isn't sore anymore. I've gone from horrible daily pain before surgery to one tylenol per day. Life is good! I'm sure I'll have more fatigue when I get back to work, but I am getting bored at home. I still don't fit into any pants so it will be loose long dresses for me for a while. I hope all the rest of you seven-weekers are feeling better too!
Kendo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Hi All:
Okay so I'm almost 8 weeks by now, but wanted to weigh in. I went back to work two weeks ago - first week was hard - almost falling down by the end of the day so tired, with some belly pain. This week was better, but still not up to par. Isn't it amazing how each week gets better? I look back a just a month ago and I was still just barely able to put on my own shoes!

All in all recovery's been great. I'm so grateful to have thsoe 6 weeks to just fully rest and recover. Even my "foggy brain" is better this week.
Unread 03-30-2006, 10:26 PM

I have to reply too! I am 11 weeks post op and for the most part doing very well. I've had a good recovery-so far pretty uneventful. I went back to work after 4 weeks, part-time and then full time the 5th week. The first two days I pretty much went to bed right after dinner, but each day from there got better. I feel now that I do well for 4 or 5 days and then once in awhile have a set back for a day or two. It is frustrating especially when I feel so good. I am probably overdoing it. I know that when I start feeling the discomfort in the "bend" where you sit, below the belly button. When I go out of town on business for a couple of days that's what it getting me. Driving in the car, sitting in meetings or spending long days working out of my office. They say it takes 6 months to a year so I guess I will just have to slow it down and take it a bit easier. That's hard for me! I still get tired so that and the discomfort I get if I overdo it seem to be what I'm dealing with now. Each week I've gotten stronger, but I know I probably need to slow down some so I don't have the set backs. Hard! :-) jon1
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:27 PM

Hi Bright-eyes,
My surgery was the day after yours and I also had seroma problems. My doctor said it was the worst she has ever seen and had to refer me to a wound doctor. My incision is still open about 2 inches and the wound doctor estimates about 2 more weeks.

I am not in any pain and have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and hope to be released to go back to work on Monday. It's been a long 7 weeks and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

We are going to the Dominican Republic in 2 weeks so I am praying that my incision is closed by then!

Good luck to you in your recovery. I hope your incision closes soon!
Unread 04-01-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomjet
Hey bright eyes! Looks like we were very close in our surgery dates! hoping to look at HRT. Any suggestions?? Shalom
hey, i'm taking climara .25 mg so far no night sweats are endless tears. i like putting it on once a week and forgetting about it. i started sleeping through the night a couple of nights after i started hrt.

today was a good day for me, i felt better than i have in months....and that's no april fools joke either.

take care all you 7 weekers!

peace
Unread 04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
LSH on Feb 6th, 2006

Hi,
I'm doing fantastic! Over night, I got my energy back, insomnia was gone, strange taste in my mouth gone. I was exhausted for 6 weeks. Started back to work on Thursday, 3/15 so I'd have the weekend after two days of work. Both of those days I left early, mid-afternoon. Still exhausted over the weekend, then got up to go to work Monday the 20th for my first full week, exactly 6 weeks after my surgery. I felt fantastic and knocked on wood all week long when people asked how I was feeling, but boy, what a difference! I still have some swelly belly and some dull back pain if I do too much, but that's it! I just can't believe what a difference!
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:56 PM

I am 6 weeks, and I feel great. My only issue is that I am still so tired. It is getting better day by day, but I can really feel it late in the day. I am still coming home and crawling into bed by 7:30 or 8. I went back to work full time at 3 weeks. Otherwise, I feel fab, and wish I had done the surgery much sooner. I suffered way too long.
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Good days and bad days...

I only had an LSH and I seem to have good days and bad days. Some days I feel almost normal...even forgetting I had a hyst. Other days I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck! I'm achy all over and nauseaous and sooooooo tired. It's frustrating. I'm still not able to wear my regular clothes and I'm having crazy mood swings...or maybe I'm just crazy! I also have a lot of back pain particularly towards the end of the day or if I've been sitting a lot. I am so ready to be back to normal!

-Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register