Any 7 Weekers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 7 Weekers? Any 7 Weekers?

Unread 04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

Hi sisters!!!

I finally had my 6 week check up at my 7 weeks +1 day over. I got my surgical report and pathology report finally. I was not shocked at what I saw on the pathogly report and eased my mind more about having the surgery.
DR did the internal, and said everything seemed to be healing quite nicely, I asked her about the vaginal cuff and she was quite impressed with my knowledge of the terminology. I told her where I learned it, she said no granulation either. I did ask her about the the weird bladder feeling that I have been having and she said that it was my NEW feeling since my uterus was sitting on the bladder for so long. Now I also told her about when I cough getting the urge to have to go to the bathroom. She told me to do the Kegel exercises to help strengthen my bladder. She pretty much cleared me for everything. But I do know how I have been feeling when I do too much so far and I am going to take my time with it all. Incision looked good also.

I like my DR, she is a kind woman and seems to know alot, and is a hugger. But she has never had a hysterectomy herself, but she did have c-sections. Preop when I try to talk to her about swelly belly she said shouldn't be anymore than with a c-section. Even now I haven't had much discomfort as of late but once in awhile, it's like she doesn't know that this exists. I know I can't change her mind on this but I already know what it is and will just go though it.

I have been doing pretty well with most everything. ERT is doing pretty good except the once in awhile weepy spell. Swelly belly self explanitory lol. I still have alot of tenderness on the left side where she did most of the work in there.(that's where most of the swelly belly is when I over do it also) SO I am bit lopsided still LOL
I thought maybe I over did it Monday and Tuesday this week, because I woke up feeling pretty crummy and swollen Wed., as the day progressed I got a headache and was feeling worse by that night. I started vomiting and did that until the wee hours of Thursday morning. I guess I caught a bug. I was pretty weak yesterday but feel decent today, but sore.

Well sorry this is such a book, I hope this finds everyone well and recoverying nicely. To all New PostOpers,it does get better with time. Patience is a virtue most definetly!
s to all and God Bless!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

Hey Tina, I am 7 weeks also. My final (hopefully) checkup has been delayed until next friday because my dr. is out of town, but I am hoping to be released then. My other check ups have been fine. I am feeling much better now. It was more of a recovery than I thought it would be. Still, I am so glad that I did this.
I am still struggling with swelly belly!!! I havent' really gained any weight, but none of my clothes fit in the stomach. It is frustrating. My bladder feels weird when I urinate... can't figure it out. LIke spasms or something. I also had bad headaches to begin with after surgery, but they are lessening in intensity and frequency thank goodness. The only other big thing that I have struggled with and still do, is major forgetfulness. Somedays I have to think to remember my name it seems. That seems so strange to me. I'm normally pretty "with it". Anyway, nice to talk to another 7 weeker. I wish you continued good health. Emily
Unread 04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

I'm glad that other seven weekers are on the mend! Can you imagine having surgery on Valentine's Day! It seems that we are bothered by the same things at this stage. I mentioned to my doctor that my bladder felt funny now and he said it was due to the positioning of the large fibroid in the uterus pushing against the bladder. My body became accoustomed to voiding despite the size of the fibroid and now it will adjust to its removal. Although the fibroid took up the entire uterus it started and sat very low in the left side. I also have pain in that area, he explained that the blood vessels and nerve endings took some trama with the surgery and will heal in time. My left thigh was numb for weeks!
I posted a thread regarding swelly belly, to get ideas from the sisters. This site has been a wealth of info for me. I don't know what I would do with all of you!
I go back to work part time on Monday!
Have a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Another 7-weeker Valentine princess

I am back to work and easing back to normal life, including exercising, sex, and vacuuming. Because I had a TVH I had no swelly belly and can wear my old clothes. I am still quick to run to the bathroom out of old habits & fears. This surgery really improved my life. This website is invaluable at all stages. Best to my fellow 7 week sisters and to all princesses and ladies in waiting.
Holly
Unread 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

Glad to hear there are others out there with the strange bladder sensations when voiding. I'm almost 7 weeks post-op and it is definetly improving each week.
Unread 04-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

Hi everyone, I am beginning my 7th week after a TAH with ovaries removed and will return to work Monday. I am nervous about going back to work as I get exhausted easily. I still have a lot of pain on my left side and my belly remains swollen but the "sunburned" feeling is getting better. I have noticed that when I sit straight up and down for an extended length of time my aches and pains are worse. I spend a lot of time in a recliner so my belly can be extended. I am up to walking 2 miles but I can definitely "feel" it at the end of the day. I too thought that my recovery would be quicker. Haven't done much at all during my 6 week recovery. Most of it has been the last two weeks trying to get myself up to going back to work. I've been out to eat 6 times and made 6 trips to Sam' Club. Also have been going to my daughter's softball games the past 2 weeks but after several hours of activity, I am very tired. I have had severe insomnia. I sleep for 1-2 hours, wake up, sleep for 1 -2 hours, wake up...... I spend about 8-12 hours in bed just trying to get enough sleep. Don't know what I will do next week when I go back to work. Hope work exhausts me enought that I will sleep through the night. Good luck to everyone.
Unread 04-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Any 7 Weekers?

I love seeing others having theirs on the same day! I was back to work 6 hr days after thee weeks. i notice my belly is still swelly, but i do notice NO PAIN! I can wear jeans and not feel like im going to vomit. i lost 5 and gained it back, but i think it is due to no activity. I work at a desk all day so mentally i am drained at night. I can't have sex for 3 months? I don't know why other than the cuff he said, but i am not bleeding. Anyway no HRT either for 6 months or so due to endo so i wake up all night too! I am tired in the morning. Good news no sore breasts and cramps! I feel like a can make plans and not cancel due to abdominal pain occuring. I had headaches too the first few weeks and they seem to be going away. My drive was intense too the first few weeks now is diminshing. But i know it takes months to feel perfect so i am patient. I would do this all over again if i had the chance. Good luck sisters!
Unread 04-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Any 7 Weekers?

Silly question here. Is everyone supposed to get a copy of their surgical and pathology reports?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register