Rectocele repair still cant push out BM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele repair still cant push out BM Rectocele repair still cant push out BM

Unread 04-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Rectocele repair still cant push out BM

I was wondering............I had my repair on the 14 of march, and lately I cannot push out my BM. I call the doc and he told me to use an enema I may be empacted, But it seems that It jsut gets stuck there. Now I am getting afraid, did my repair fail? or is it my rectum that wont let me release it? Does anyone know what perinal decsent is? Thanks Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 07:24 AM

Oh dear, Sue, you do seem to be suffering. Can you do a search for 'perineal descent' to see what it is? Did he suggest that then?
Maybe some other sister will know?
Unread 04-08-2006, 08:46 AM

Sue,
I'm still thinking that you are still swollen at less than a month after surgery - you need to get your stools soft enough that you don't have to push. Try, prune juice or what did the doc say about a laxative. Pushing is just the last thing you should be doing. Did you try the enema - hold it as long as you can stand it - stand right by the toilet until you just can't hold it anymore then it should release.
I imagine that it is stuck because of your rectum being swollen - so try anything else you can think of besides pushing. I let myself get impacted after my ds's birth 10 days I went without going - I didn't know it was a big deal - I delivered 2 baseballs and a softball - I ripped my large episiotomy open and my spincter muscle too (and boy did it hurt) - Now I know better - don't PUSH.
I should have gone to the doctor for help - but 22 years ago we didn't have the internet and I didn't have anyone to ask about it. If nothing else go to the doctor for help, my friend did and her doctor helped her go - so she didn't have to push so hard. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 09:45 AM

I did use an enema last night, and at the beginning was two big rocks, then soft. Last week I had hard stools at the beginning and the soft, then this week , it can feel it there, but it is stuck, and not always hard. i am eating prunes, stool softeners and on some days MOM. I am taking citrecel to try to move along too, plus lots of water.

Can your muscles around you rectum be damaged or tightened? My friend said that sometimes your rectum drops too. but how would you diagois that? Defogram. I am really tired of this........ My nieces baby shower is next week, My daughter graduates in May, and we were supposed to go to Italy in June, but the way things are going, that looks like that will not be an option. I was so backed up and uncomfortable, I mean the stool, was right there, Icalled my doc and he said use a enema. Then my retum gurgled and throbed. Gosh.

thanks ladies sue
Unread 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM

Sue,
Try to keep track and don't let yourself go for more than a day now, it should even out once the swelling goes down. If you haven't been in 24 hours try the MOM and then an enema if that doesn't work in several hours. I imagine that your aren't getting the sensation from the swelling because the stools aren't traveling low enough for the feeling to happen (the swelling). I eat Shredded Wheat and Bran cereal (32% of daily fiber) it comes in a brown box every morning for breakfast, that and colace twice a day keeps me soft. Otherwise I would be in trouble. Also don't eat anything like peanut butter or jelly beans, those are thick and constipating. Good Luck. Keep resting. I was lucky to have my surgery 5 days after my daughter graduated. I'm sure you will feel better by the time yours graduates in May. Hugs.
Unread 04-08-2006, 04:44 PM

I wonder if internal hemmoroids could be the culprit for not allowing the bowel to just come out normally....?? I know I have internal hemmoroids, but not sure how bad they are at this point...but i can imagine after surgery they are bound to be inflamed.....I wonder if a dr ever gives hemmoroid treatment after a rectocele to keep those things from enlarging and flaring up??? I am going to ask about that before my surgery on Tues.....I remember they used to have preparation H with a top that allowed you to insert this gel into the rectum when swelling of hemmoroids were bad.....and from what I remember, it calmed things down...I wonder if there is a prescrip med for this now...??? just a thought, it does seem strange, almost like something is stopping it up at the opening......hope things get better for you....I have my surgery on Tuesday (11) and trust me, I am scared...but at this point, I have no options....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register