headaches...from estrogen patch or lower estrogen level? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

headaches...from estrogen patch or lower estrogen level? headaches...from estrogen patch or lower estrogen level?

Unread 04-08-2006, 03:44 PM
headaches...from estrogen patch or lower estrogen level?

I had a TAH/BSO (everything removed). I've been on an estradiol (very low dose of .05 mg) patch for two weeks (day after surgery). I've been getting these nagging headaches. Nothing real bad, just bothersome. Is it more likely the headaches are from the estradiol patch or because my estrogen dropped from my natural levels? I'm clueless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Me too

I, too, have been having the same problem. I have on the estradiol patch..even lower of 0.025mg since my LSH/BSO on March 14. I had never had headaches before. On Thursday I decided to take the patch off and see what happens. Guess what....by late Friday night...the HEADACHE WAS GONE. Now, I have been having a few hot flashes but they are MUCH easier to deal with than a constant headache. But now my question is...if I stay off the HRT, should I take any natural supplements? I take 1500mg Calcium with Vit D, a multi-vitamin and Protonix(for acid refux) daily.
Unread 04-08-2006, 04:32 PM

I'm also a March HysterSister and am on the Vivelle Dot patch... 0.1 mg/day. I was having a constant headache this week... I realized that I typically have 2-3 cups of coffee each day... until surgery and my coffee intake has been maybe a cup each day... turns out it was due to having less caffeine. I added a cup to my day and the headache is gone. Not sure about your caffeine intake... it worked for me so hopefully this is helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 05:58 PM

i am on the climara patch .1mg and have not had headaches, well a few but not bad and i figured they were just my normal run of the mill headaches, i have only had maybe 4 headaches since my surgery and it was always in the morning and my coffee always took it away. so i'm not sure if its because its too low of a dose for you two or not. i would talk to your dr and see what he/she says.
Unread 04-08-2006, 06:39 PM

My doc didn't want me using the patch for long anyway as she is feels that the risks outweigh the benefits in older women...I am soon to be 53. She wanted me totally weaned off by my next appt on April 26 anyway, so I know there is no way that she would increase the dose.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register