Anemia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Anemia

I'm not sure where to post this so I hope I got this right...

Nothing is definate until I go to the Dr on Tues, but I'm looking at having a hysterectomy due to a fibroid (approx 6-9cm in diameter) that has caused me to have extremely low iron in my blood (which has caused a bunch of other issues). We haven't discussed why type of hyst or what they'll take, etc yet but my true concern is my complete lack of emotion.

I am typically a very emotional person so this "lack of feeling" has me a little worried. Shouldn't I be scared/worried/nervous? Is it normal to have a period of time where your NOT feeling anything? Has anyone else gone through this? Am I going to suddenly have all these emotions bubble up?

Sorry for the "weirdness" but any help is definately appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Anemia

Emotions and hormones are such tricky things. You are not weird!

I can not promise that you will continue to lack emotion about your possible hyst, but neither can I say you will eventually have a flood of emotion--although the latter ends up being fairly typcial.

I can tell you that for ladies who have had health issues for an extended period of time, they are often just relieved to know the end may be in sight that they don't feel scared, worried, or nervous either, just ready to get it over with. Some are even excited.

As I had bleed for two years, I was ready to get it over with so I really was not scared, worried, or nervous either. And I was only overcome with emotion afterward as I ended up with months of complications and that finally overwhelmed me.

Do feel free to talk to your dr about your feelings or lack of feelings.

Please search over the site, looking through our resources--to the left of your screen, and through our pre-op section--to the top, center of your screen. We have information about fibroids, anemia, the types of hysts, etc.

If you are scheduled for a hyst, feel free to post your pre op questions over in our Pre Op Discussion Forum.

Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Anemia

Hi Kryshtal,

I had two large fibroids in pre-op. I think you are going through a normal process of assimilating the news of possilby having a hyst. Each Hyster Sister reacts in their own way.

Here is a Hyster Sisters link that goes over the ~different ~types of hysts and questions to ask your Dr. Just scroll down.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_preop.htm

Maybe you are a candidate for a less invasive hyst?? Such as a TVH, a LAVH or a LSH, the hyst I had. My uterus with fibroids measured 9.1 cm at the time of my surgery. Just some thoughts. The 3 types of hysts are discussed on the link.

Best wishes.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Anemia

Thanks for the responses! I guess I was feeling a little more nervous than I believed since I felt relieved just knowing I had gotten a response!

Tomorrow I will be heading for my Drs appt so I'm hoping to have more information/decisions then. I've gotten some questions I wouldn't have asked if it hadn't been for the information on this site.

Thanks a ton!
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Anemia

I Wish You The Best, Just Hang In There. Just Remember We're All Here To Help Each Other.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register