Chat | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-28-2001, 12:38 AM
Chat

HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED TO CHAT? I'VE VISITED SEVERAL TIMES THIS WEEK AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND THE ROOM IS ALWAYS EMPTY. IS THERE A PROBLEM? WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU. I MISS YOUR ANECDOTES AND JOVIAL ATTITUDES. GOD BLESS TILL WE CHAT AGAIN. JENNI LEE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2001, 12:47 AM
Chat

Hi Jenni,

The Hystersister Chat Team work together to have someone in the chat room between the hours of 11:00am to 1:00pm Monday thru Friday and 8:00pm to 10:00pm Every night of the week. (Central Time or Texas time) I'm so sorry that we missed you!

I think lots of ladies had trouble getting in tonight. For some reason, we weren't all able to log onto the web site so if you didn't have a shortcut on your computer and you had to access the web site to enter the chat room, you probably were stuck.

As much as you missed chatting with us, we missed YOU!!

I look forward to seeing you soon!
Much love,
Unread 04-28-2001, 05:15 AM
Chat

Hi Jenni, It's been hard for some of us to get in the chat room this week and some times of day there are not many people chatting. If you leave the chatroom open while you do checkn your email etc..sometimes someone will come in because you are there. The chat room icon on the task bar will flash when someone responds to the room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2001, 05:04 PM
Chat

For the six weeks that I've visited the Hyster Sisters website, I have on multiple occasions tried to get into the chatroom. I have never once been able to get into it. I really need some simple (maybe 2nd grade level) instructions on how to get into it. My computer will not download the AOL file that I keep being told to load. I have yahoo. What am I doing wrong?
Unread 04-28-2001, 10:02 PM
Chat

Just to let ya know the link to the chat room was changes a little bit ago if you have a short cut you may be fgoing to the wrong room. Please enter thro the site and make a new short cut. Marci
Unread 05-07-2001, 07:47 AM
Chat

Hi TW,

I was just made aware of your post. I would be happy to help you if you still need it! I will keep watch here to make sure you get some help!

Have a wonderful day, Girlfriend,

Renee
Unread 05-07-2001, 12:08 PM
Chat

Hi Renee

I just tried one more time to downloan the AOL Instant Messenger before responding. This is what I have gotten everytime I've tried this for about the last five weeks:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

I'm so frustrated! I have yahoo and it says that I don't have to have AOL to download. I am also accessing the link through the hyster sisters website.

I need some extremely simple instructions. Can you really help me?
Unread 05-07-2001, 12:30 PM
Chat

okay Sweetie, Let me see...

First, did you say you have Yahoo Messenger. I do do so maybe we can log on together and I can walk you thru it. My Yahoo name is:

Renee_Conners

Okay...let's me figure out where you are...

1. You downloaded AIM from: http://www.aol.com/aim/home.html
Make sure you tell it to "Run From Its Current Location". If not then you will need to find where on your hard drive it was downloaded to and manually install.

2. You walk thru AOL's instructions on setting it up and choosing a screen name. This part takes forever! All the good names are taken.

3. Restart you computer when it tells you to do so.

4. When you reboot you will have a little yellow man in your task bar.

Did you get this far?? Do you see that little yellow guy at the bottom of your screen in the taskbar? I will wait for you to reply and then I will know we are at the same place. I will keep my Yahoo on too just in case you try to contact me.

Cross you fingers!!
Renee
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:05 PM
Chat

I swear everyone makes me feel so STUPID. I tried your instructions and am getting the same message, even after finally selecting and having a screen name approved! So, I've made it through #1 and #2.
I don't know if I have Yahoo Messenger. I am on Yahoo, and have signed up for Yahoo Messenger sometime way back and never used it. Don't know where to find it, how to use it, nothing... I think I've given up. HOPELESS - I'll be running marathons before I figure this out.:hair:
Unread 05-07-2001, 05:07 PM
Chat

Dear tl,

I am very sorry. I never meant to make you feel stupid. I was only trying to help. Please forgive me.
I am so very, very sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register